• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-R Install Instructions

OK-
    I'm about convinced the GT-R exhaust system will be going in my car-
    1st-
    Can anyone put the install intructions up on this forum or email me a copy at rlldcl@cox.net ?? Want to know if I can do this myself.
    Also is there any claimed HP gain with this system ???
    2006 Fusion Orange Coupe GT, Limo Tint, Chrome strut Bar, Chrome intake, Debadged, Metalic Silver PONTIAC wind shield, Metalic silver pin stripe, Chrome wheels with Locks, Aftermarket rear spoiler, GT-R exhaust, Painted engine and battery covers,

Tools required: WD-40, 13mm wrench, 9/16 deep socket with ratchet .
    Removal of stock exhaust: Start by spraying a small amount of WD-40 on the rubber hangers. Then use the 13mm wrench to remove the 2 nuts located at the flange that connects the stock exhaust at the front. Carefully slip the rubber hangers off the exhaust. Remove the stock exhaust.
    Installation: start by installing center pipe with flange “A” use the 13mm wrench to re-attach the 2 nuts. Re-attach the rubber hangers to the new pipe. Slip the mandrel section “B” onto the rear of “A” use one of the 3” stainless clamps “F” the hold the two sections together, be sure to re-attach the rubber hanger located at the rear of the main mandrel section. do not torque down on the clamp nuts yet. Now slip the muffler unto the mandrel section, use one of the supplied clamps “F” , to hold in place DO NOT TIGHTEN FULLY. Now slip exhaust tip “D” to driver side rear, use clamp “F” to hold it in place. Next, slip remaining exhaust tip “E” use clamp “F” to hold in place. Now adjust the system until the main mandrel section, the muffler and tips are all aligned properly, then torque down the nuts on all clamps “F” till they bottom out.

Comment

Looks and sounds simple enough-
      I have a GP-
      Is there a mount already on the rear passenger side for pipe E or does one need to be welded on ???
      2006 Fusion Orange Coupe GT, Limo Tint, Chrome strut Bar, Chrome intake, Debadged, Metalic Silver PONTIAC wind shield, Metalic silver pin stripe, Chrome wheels with Locks, Aftermarket rear spoiler, GT-R exhaust, Painted engine and battery covers,

Comment

Originally posted by birdman
        I have a GP-
        Is there a mount already on the rear passenger side for pipe E or does one need to be welded on ???
        You did mean GT right ?

There is no need to weld anything. We utilize the stock muffler hanger locations for the exhaust tips. Once you get the system, it will make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R
          I have a GP-
          You did mean GT right ?

There is no need to weld anything. We utilize the stock muffler hanger locations for the exhaust tips. Once you get the system, it will make sense.
          Exactly, I installed mine and it took me about an hour, mind you I had air tools a hoist and this neat tool that ealy removes the rubber mount from the metal hanger.
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

My typo, GT is correct-
            So there are already hanger mounts on BOTH SIDES of a GT from the factory if I understand you correctly ???

Comment

My typo, GT is correct-
              So there are already hanger mounts on BOTH SIDES of a GT from the factory if I understand you correctly ???
              Yes. Take a look at your muffler. You'll notice a hanger on either side of the muffler. We utilize those hangers.

Comment

Thank You for all the information

Comment

how much is this system? and for anyone who has it any noticable increases?
                  06 Black Gtp 6speed

Comment

Check this out.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by GTP_JR
                      how much is this system? and for anyone who has it any noticable increases?
                      I've definitly noticed alot more power... but I installed it at the same time as my new intake, and insulating my intake tube... so not sure how much was what
                      Originally posted by TLS2000
                      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Thanks for the instructions cant wait till mine is finished!
                        Seems simple enough.
                        My Progress thread
                        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Working...
                        X