Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solstice plant up for sale, roadsters may live on

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/11/pont ... different/

General Motors' acting CEO Fritz Henderson has said the Wilmington, DE plant that currently produces the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky could be sold if a buyer was interested in producing the two roadsters. "If someone were to approach [us] with a proposal that made good sense for our people, we'd be open to it," Henderson told Autoweek. The move would ape Chrysler's plan for the Dodge Viper's production facilities, allowing another automaker to take control and continue building the niche model.

The Delaware plant also produces the Opel GT, a rebadged variant of the U.S. market Solstice and Sky, for GM's German arm, and it's obvious that as the General rushes to restructure before its June 1 deadline the automaker is looking to cut loose any and all extraneous operations. With Pontiac's future sealed, Saturn's all but assured and all three models returning little (if any) profits, the decision to nix the roadsters was obvious. Now it's time to see if someone is willing to take the reigns.
    Anyone interested in a group buy??
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Re: Solstice plant up for sale, roadsters may live

gay

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Re: Solstice plant up for sale, roadsters may live

Originally posted by leong6gtp
      gay
      wrong!

that's double gay!

....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
      .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Re: Solstice plant up for sale, roadsters may live on

I say the dealer that offered to buy Pontiac buy these and keep on making the Solstice.. then retool the plant to make another "pontiac" car as well..
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
          I say the dealer that offered to buy Pontiac buy these and keep on making the Solstice.. then retool the plant to make another "pontiac" car as well..
          like what?

the only other car that would fit on kappa is like...the G3.
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Not nec. kappa...... but they can make a extended Kappa to house a g5/g6 size car but RWD.. like what the G6 for 2011/2012 was going to be on the now canceled Alpha. Instead they are actually going to make smaller variants of Zeta instead of making a Alpha.
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

A long wheel base Kappa might be a nice car. "Solstice" 2+2. Obviously you would give it another name.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Originally posted by Rannin Ravensight
                A long wheel base Kappa might be a nice car. "Solstice" 2+2. Obviously you would give it another name.
                Solstice²

2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                  Solstice²
                  Solstice ^2
                  aka Solstice Squared?
                  so it's a Solstice multiplied by a Solstice? So the curb weight of 2,877 lb ^2 and 2 seats ^2 = A 8,277,129 lb 4 seater?

I guess that's not so bad considering if you get a GXP 260 hp ^2 = 67,600 HORSEPOWER!!!!!!

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

I cant even begin to imagine how bored you must be...

or what the hell a solstice ^2 would look like...
                    2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                    1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Well if anything, if a Lotus-like company buys the plant and platform, it might not be a bad thing. That's the way I see it. Overly optimistic, I know.
                      <-- Gray G6? Click!
                      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

I bid $10 for the plant...no other bids...awesome it's mine!!!!!!

All you guys are hired, no unions allowed
                        sigpic
                        Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Originally posted by thestig
                          I bid $10 for the plant...no other bids...awesome it's mine!!!!!!

All you guys are hired, no unions allowed

no longer unemployed and working with cars ftw
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

with the bad economy there will be some layoffs.

sorry CrimsonGTP

....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                            .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

well at least ill collect unemployment, not to mention do whatever i want still haha. I may stop in from time to time. if u guys catch a few solstices missing dont be alarmed.....im "testing" them
                              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
                              X