Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to bypass or unlock THEFTLOCK.....Maybe....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bypass or unlock THEFTLOCK.....Maybe....

Ok I found this, but we dont have a HR or MIN button on our radios. Anyone have any ideas??

First, press and hold presets two and three for a few seconds. Three digits will come up on the display. These are the first three digits of the factory unlock code.

Press the AM/FM button on the unit and another three-digit number will read out. These are the last three digits of your code.

Call 1-800-537-5140. You'll be asked for a dealer code, and the one I have from the forum is 202107; I have also heard that 139010, 206053 and 620529 may work. You may need another if they ever disable this number. Enter this number and then press the pound (#) button.

Now enter the six-digit code that you got from your stereo, first three digits first, then the last three. You will be given a four-digit response code. Make note.

In your car, hit the HR button and put in the first two digits of the response code. Then press the MIN button and put in the last two digits of your response code. Press AM/FM and then SEC should read out on your radio.

You should be unlocked!

We don't have that system in our cars. The radio binds itself to the BCM of whatever car it's installed in.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
      We don't have that system in our cars. The radio binds itself to the BCM of whatever car it's installed in.
      So are you saying that the only way to unlock the radio is through the dealer?

Comment

Yes.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Is my radio going to lock when I unplug the battery for ANY type of service or disconnect the wiring harness from the back of the radio?

jerij

Comment

Originally posted by jerij3
            Is my radio going to lock when I unplug the battery for ANY type of service or disconnect the wiring harness from the back of the radio?

jerij
            No, I had mine out today, and it didn't even lock.
            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

That's a relief. I've ordered a Logjam unit to interface with the system to provide me with AUX input for iPOD and Sirius.

jerij

Comment

That's a relief. I've ordered a Logjam unit to interface with the system to provide me with AUX input for iPOD and Sirius.

jerij
                You should be fine, I'm pretty sure it only locks if you put it in a different car, as TLS2000 said it binds itself to the cars BCM (Body Control Module)
                2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

jerij
                  When I unplugged my radio and plugged it back in, the display said "locked". But when I started the car the message disappeared and everything works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                    When I unplugged my radio and plugged it back in, the display said "locked". But when I started the car the message disappeared and everything works fine.
                    Correct. The radio doesn't initiate full communication with the BCM until the key is in the "ON/RUN" position and all vehicle systems are receiving power.
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I've seen mine do that also even with doing nothing to the vehicle. I believe on my 03 cavalier I could do the above method to unlock the radio.
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                      X