remote start wont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote start wont work

just bought the car after a front end collision when i try the remote start the eng doesnt crank after holding the start button down for a few seconds the parking lights flash,,,,,i know there is a switch on the hood latch that pevents the car from starting when open......any troubleshooting suggestions????

Is your check engine light on? It won't remote start if it is. (Also yeah, if your hood is unlatched it won't)
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

I beleive there is a feature within the Dic that allows you to turn on/off the remote start- check there first. Are you pressing the lock button first then pressing/hold down the start button?
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

thanks yes im doing all those things correctly i might try jumping the hood switch

Comment

FYI

The remote start feature won't work if the hazards are on. But I guess this won't solve your problem.
          COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
          Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
          MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
          Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

mine as stoped all of the sudden. I do not have a check engine light, the only thing that might cause it could be the grilles I installed.....and I know that could not be it. There is nothing on my DIC saying anything......and I really dont wantto have to go to the dealer...any ideas?
            myspace.com/donaldlynd

Comment

Since it worked for you before I will assume you know how to activate it correctly. System has been out in field for about 4 years now but initially that was a problem since so few customers read owners manual or even the "Getting to Know your..." Guide pamplet.

1: What model year do you have?

2: When you try to do a remote start what happens? Specifics on this question rely on answer to first question. I will have to do a follow--up on this one based on response.

3. Cycle through the DIC Menu options. Do you have the menu item to turn Remote Start ON or OFF? And is it on?

4. Assuming this might be something related to hood switch here is a test you can try....Roll down driver window....Turn off vehicle and close door....press lock button 2 times on key fob (horn chirps) to get the vehicle content theft system armed...wait until you see the telltale flashing slowly in instrument cluster.....Keep the key fob handy (due to next step)....Now reach into vehicle and pull on hood release lever....does the alarm go off? It should. use the key fob unlock button to shut off alarm. if alarm doesn't go off then might be open or short circuit on on hood switch and we can do more follow-up Q/A on that.

That is all I can think of now

Comment

1 my car is a 06

2 when i try to start it, the lights blink once.... turn lights i mean

3 the option for remote start is on

4 i did the alarm test and everything worked fine

The remote start worked one time since my last post on this. I also do not have any check engine codes.
                myspace.com/donaldlynd

Comment

Interesting...

I only have one suggestion. If you are familiar with the Passenger Airbag On/Off display in center console watch it when you try to do a remote start and it fails. Does the ON and OFF indicators only flash on for a brief time or do they stay on for a while (maybe up to 20 seconds). This actually provides a way to indicate if the BCM is causing remote start to not work or if it is due to the ECM.

Also how do you know you don't have engine codes? Do you have access to a Tech 2? If so there is other things you can check.

Comment

When I installed the new steering wheel I messed up the clock spring. I had issues with the remote start till I got the new clock spring and now it works great. The pass airbag light would flash back and forth and go light and dark. Its all good now.
                    Originally posted by Nikki
                    You are an e-pimp.
                    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                    I tried too, my penis way too big
                    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I will go to autozone and have them check the codes. I will also try looking at the airbag light. What is a clock spring?
                      myspace.com/donaldlynd

Comment

Originally posted by BigDMoney
                        I will go to autozone and have them check the codes. I will also try looking at the airbag light. What is a clock spring?
                        I think Autozone may only check engine codes and so if there is something still wrong with hood switch (test I had you do couldn't check everything) - their code tester wouldn't catch it.

Clockspring coil in inaccurate name but what is used for the device that is between the steering wheel and steering column which allows electrical signals to get into steering wheel for your airbag inflator, horn switch and any steering wheel controls you have. It is actually a mylar tape with conductive paths on it built into a round housing. It is set up to allow steering wheel to rotate thru normal range without breaking circuit.

Comment

i guess i will have to take it to the dealer
                          myspace.com/donaldlynd

Comment

Working...
                          X