checking auto trans fluid level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checking auto trans fluid level

just fixed leak in the trans cooler ;line now how to check and service auto trans on 05 3.5

First, you double posted by mistake. No worries, a moderator will clean that up.

Second, you posted in the wrong forum. The How-to section is so that you can create a thread explaining how to do something. Your post would have been better off in the General G6 section.

Now, as far as I remember, the 4T45-E and 4T65-E are non-serviceable transmissions. All that really means is that you don't have a dip stick to check the fluid level. I might be wrong, but I think that you need to drop the tranny to service it, so you'll probably be better off taking it to a dealership or a transmission shop.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
      First, you double posted by mistake. No worries, a moderator will clean that up.

Second, you posted in the wrong forum. The How-to section is so that you can create a thread explaining how to do something. Your post would have been better off in the General G6 section.

Now, as far as I remember, the 4T45-E and 4T65-E are non-serviceable transmissions. All that really means is that you don't have a dip stick to check the fluid level. I might be wrong, but I think that you need to drop the tranny to service it, so you'll probably be better off taking it to a dealership or a transmission shop.
      Tom is correct. The 3.5 4 sp auto has no dip stick. The service interval on it is 50,000 miles. Service is replacement of fluid. Take your G6 to the dealer and have them add the fluid. Even with a repair done outside of GM's service the vehicle should still be under some type of warranty.
      Hopefully this will be fill free of charge.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

thanks guys but no warrentee on this wrecked g6 i have to find out how to service it myself any one out there with a service manual

Comment

I put myself on a list with Helm for the service manual for our car about six months ago. I still have not received any information on one.

For your case though, you may want to look into a service manual for the 1999-2005 Chevrolet Malibu, Oldsmobile Alera, and Pontiac Grand Am. There should be information in there on tranny service for the 4T45-E transmission.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

thanks for thr tip

Comment

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthre ... uid+change

This might be an even better guide for you. The only thing to remember is that the air box on the Grand AM is where our FUSE BOX is on the G6.

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the info it worked

Comment

I'm almost posative the 60 and 65's have dip sticks, the 40 and 45 dont, that I know for a fact. They have a plug on the side of the tranny that you need to remove as you add fluid when it starts to come out of the plug its full. Don't ask me where it is because I can't remeber.
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

i am pretty sure the 4T60 has a dipstick, my truck has a 4L60 and i think it has one.

i dunno if this helps or not, but you can get exploded view illustrations for them here:

http://acerecon.com/catalog/automatics/mfg.asp?n=gm

Comment

Working...
                    X