Painted Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Rims

I was thinking of buying some new rims but I thought why not just paint what I have. So I have the 17" factory five spoke wheels and was thinking of having them painted a gloss black (the car is silver). Is this a good or bad idea?

Should I just invest in new wheels?
    Alpine 9860 Headunit, Alpine PDX 4.150, Alpine Type X 6.5" Component Set in the doors, Alpine Type R 6x9's in the rear deck. Alpine PDX 1.1000, Alpine Type X 12" Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor.

well... I'd go for powder coating over painting...

which wheels do you have? (what finish)
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

silver rims...five spoke on a gt coupe
      Alpine 9860 Headunit, Alpine PDX 4.150, Alpine Type X 6.5" Component Set in the doors, Alpine Type R 6x9's in the rear deck. Alpine PDX 1.1000, Alpine Type X 12" Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor.

Comment

the painted or chrome, is what I meant
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

painted

Comment

i just thought chrome was on the 5 spoke on the gt thats what i have

Comment

I have the same ones on my GT-painted silver 5 spoke. The silver contrasts awesome with the granite metallic-although I tore a chunk of paint out of my driver side front rim so I've been thinking about painting them or doing something with them.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Powder Coat rather than paint-either way your car will be out of service for a few days unless you have a spare set of tires and wheels-
                Go down to your local Discount Tire, they usually have "specials" going on.
                2006 Fusion Orange Coupe GT, Limo Tint, Chrome strut Bar, Chrome intake, Debadged, Metalic Silver PONTIAC wind shield, Metalic silver pin stripe, Chrome wheels with Locks, Aftermarket rear spoiler, GT-R exhaust, Painted engine and battery covers,

Comment

Powder Coat them a nice gloss black and then POST PICS! I also have liquid silver and think I'd like to have the 18"s on my coupe black too.

Go for it.
                  2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

Comment

Working...
                  X