Finding Power Control Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Power Control Module

hah, i received my pioneer z1 navigation unit today, and i'm hung up on these last three wires. I talked to the person from crutchfield, but as you can believe, they didn't know anything. I'm installing it on my G6 GT 2006

I'm looking for the wire for

Reverse signal - should be a orange wire
    ---she said his should be on the power control module, which i have no idea where its at
    Speed Sensor - the person @ crutchfield said there were 2? lol what the heck. i don't know where this one is either.
    Parking Break - I know where the parking break is. How do i get at the wire? the lady said it should be light blue.

Thanks for your help,

Aaron

you can get the parking brake wire at the BCM...conector C1 pin 59 and yeah it's light blue.

there is a wire for "Speed sense" but i am not exactly sure if that is the speed sensor or not...but it is a brown wire at the PCM, it is in the blue plug pins 22 and 39. there are two of them so there is a chance that is what you are looking for.

for the reverse lights all i could find was a lt green wire inside the rearview mirror. i dunno why it would be there

Comment

could you describe what the BCM and PCM look like, and where they are in the car? I don't want to mess anything up lol...im sitting in my car w/ the laptop right now. hehehe..

Thanks,

Aaron

Comment

the PCM = the ECU. it is the main computer under the hood.

the BCM should be inside the car, most likely place for it is in the drivers footwell somewhere, but i am not sure exactly on these cars. it should be hard to find...it's a box with a shit ton of wires going into it

Comment

any idea on the parking break?

Comment

Originally posted by w531t4
            any idea on the parking break?
            yeah the wire should be in the BCM like i posted above, connector C1, pin 59, lt blue wire.

Comment

sorry for asking so many questions, i'm still new @ this. how do i tell what pin is what? like lets say, how do i locate pin 59"?

Comment

the pins should be labeled on the back of the plug where it wires go in (with really tiny numbers...get a good flashlight and a magnifying glass if you need it). i am not sure if the numbering is standardized or not, but if i can't read the numbers i like to start counting from one of the top corners and if i can count to a lt blue wire in 59 pins i use it while that would make some electricians cringe i feel pretty confident about my methods. :smoke:

Comment

Working...
                X