3900 Without a resinator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3900 Without a resinator.

Sounds just as bad as a 3500 without one, I took mine off to test it out. Bent and welded on the pipe myself But I’m putting the stocker back on tonight. I cut everything pretty neatly so it will go on pretty easy. Total cost 22 dollar. Total time 1 hour. Result useless, thought I would be a ginni pig for everyone.

Also the stock resonator is pretty straight throw I don’t think it’s as restrictive as people think.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Rmeoving the resonator makes the car sound liek crap (as you found). Try removing the rear muffler and putting pipe in it's place-- sounds VERY good actually. I used to have a magnaflow muffler in it's place- but rmeoved that, and the stock resonator and replaced the stock resonator with a high flow magnaflow resonator. Car sounds amazing, actually. I need to learn how to do audio clips.. lol. :cry:
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

yeah get those audio's posted, I've been wondering what different stock setups sound like because I'd like to do something to mine.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I shall do my best, sir!

...SIde note, anyone know of a good place to uplod video's once made? Cnad you join that streetvideo.net or whatever that ricer site is and upload there? Hmm.. I need to research. :P

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
          Rmeoving the resonator makes the car sound liek crap (as you found). Try removing the rear muffler and putting pipe in it's place-- sounds VERY good actually. I used to have a magnaflow muffler in it's place- but rmeoved that, and the stock resonator and replaced the stock resonator with a high flow magnaflow resonator. Car sounds amazing, actually. I need to learn how to do audio clips.. lol. :cry:
          This is not true in all cases, i choped off the res on my Grand Am and it sounded much better.
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Oh I agree.. I was speaking form just the G6's standpoint. I removed the resonator from my sisters GT- sounded pretty nice.

That was actually the VERY firs tthing I did (day after I got teh car, lol) and removed the Res.. replaced with a straight pipe, then I proceeded to puke in the backyard from the ricetastic sound.

I seriously wish I had my vid camera right now so I could post up how my exhaust sounds because ya'll would probably REALLY like it. :cry:

Comment

Working...
            X