X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Brand: Mr. Clean
    Price: $2.09 for 2
    Purchased From: Local Canadian Tire, supermarket or home cleaning supplies store

Ease of Use: Very Easy
    Any Installation Tips You Have: Don't wring it too dry, if it doesn't work on first try give it a few passes.

Quality of Part: 8
    Product Performance: 9
    Would you Recommend to Others: Absolutely

These little foam blocks uses a special material by BASF originally designed as insulation and sound proofing, but was soon discovered to be an excellent cleaning sponge. Great for rubbing stains, such as crayon off walls, tea and coffee stains in mugs. I've been using this for a while, but recently found uses around in the car, specifically for the plastic trim on our cars. If you ever accidentally get wax on it, you'll know what I mean.

I've tried Back to Black, it does get it to shining new and the wax can't be seen, but it starts appearing again in matter of days. I looked around, and someone suggested me to try using the magic erasers, and I happen to have a few in my kitchen, so I decided to give it a shot. Works like a charm, the wax is gone for the most part, but it does work well after a few passes.

Very easy to use, just dip it in some water, squeeze it dry, then rub against the stain.

They also have a heavy duty version, but it looks abrasive, so I dare not try that on my car, and stuck with the basic version. It works well already.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Re: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

good to know, ill have to try that, u know if u can use it on paint? never used the stuff before.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

i used to use that to clean the walls in the house from rub marks and stuff, and the sink and what not

works awesome!!

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
      PSN: racin247
      Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

You can definetly use it on paint guys

I work at car rental place and we use those to take out small scuffs, it gets rid of scrapes like from baggage hitting bumper or shopping cart

will remove any paint residue left from hitting another car or painted surface

pretty much anything that has not actually damaged the paint on your car it will take off with some effort, or atleast make it look better

... I know I shoudl ahve said this a long time ago
        2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
        2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
        1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
          good to know, ill have to try that, u know if u can use it on paint? never used the stuff before.
          I would resort to a good rubbing compound if it was paint, but YMMV. Try with an inconspicuous spot.
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

works great on white shoes too

Comment

My neighbor suggested the magic eraser to my lil bro for his car and he used it on the paint and it was a REAL bad outcome. The paint is destroyed. I came home and couldnt believe he would use that on paint. This is just my experience with it on paint. It works great on other stuff.
              2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

so it gets wax off thwe black trim like the mirriors and the lower grills?? ill have to remember that becasue i ALWAYS get wax on the black

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

so it gets wax off thwe black trim like the mirriors and the lower grills?? ill have to remember that becasue i ALWAYS get wax on the black
                  There's something called masking tape.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

that takes too much time

and then i feel stupid when i still get it on

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Andy is into Ebony action, getting white stuff on black

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                        There's something called masking tape.

andy you say takes to much time, but if you clean the trim that will take longer, for a cheaper alternative though you can use dryer sheets on the trim with some water/soap

Comment

Working...
                        X