Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Train horn / Hair horn - seriously considering it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train horn / Hair horn - seriously considering it.

Well not sure if this has ever been posted but im sure some of you have herd of it.
    there are videos of the horns being used to scare people....while funny not what i would be using it for (all the time )

Anyway, the kit includes an air compressor and horns, and switches of course...

I WANT THIS SOO BAD

Winnipeg is pretty much infamous for shitty drivers - speed limit 100...retards drive 80 in both lanes so you cant even pass. no turn lights, cutting off, almost changing lanes right into the side of me, turning from middle lane, them going 10-20 under speed limit...you go to pass and they speed up. people pass you then slow down. you fkin name it...all of that has happened to me since ive been back too...within 4 weeks.

what do you guys think? where would be the best place on the 6 to install the horns?

Home page:

HornBlasters excels in providing the world's loudest and highest-quality train horns and air horns for trucks, cars, and more, ensuring your presence is heard on the road. Focused on durability, superior sound, and customer satisfaction, our versatile selection meets the needs of any vehicle or application!

Kits:

Get the best in pneumatic efficiency with our Onboard Air Compressor systems. Designed to get the most out of your horns and for diverse tasks including air tools and air suspension. Experience less downtime and more action with our advanced air systems! Shop online at HornBlasters today!

Videos:

HornBlasters excels in providing the world's loudest and highest-quality train horns and air horns for trucks, cars, and more, ensuring your presence is heard on the road. Focused on durability, superior sound, and customer satisfaction, our versatile selection meets the needs of any vehicle or application!

Re: Train horn / Hair horn - seriously considering it.

I think its awesome

FOr the Train horn
    You would need to mount the 10-20 pound air compressor in your trunk and run the air tubes under the car to the front where the horns could only fit in the drivers side fog light are and might be a tight fit if it fits LOL

I recently installed the dual air horn with a small compressor with no problem not near a train more like a truck.
    My Progress thread
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Re: Train horn / Hair horn - seriously considering

the one guy is in a police car (marauder?) so its even funnier.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel
        I think its awesome

FOr the Train horn
        You would need to mount the 10-20 pound air compressor in your trunk and run the air tubes under the car to the front where the horns could only fit in the drivers side fog light are and might be a tight fit if it fits LOL

I recently installed the dual air horn with a small compressor with no problem not near a train more like a truck.

was it a kit from there?

where did you mount the compressor?
        how did you run the air tubes?
        what did you power it off of?
        where did you mount your horns?

pics?!?!?

Comment

I don't have any pics right now but its all in the front by the Driver fog light where the stock horn goes. I Have the Dixie dual air horn $30 Its louder than stock and Low sound instead of high like a Big rig except i dont have enough psi coming out of the little compressor. For it to be as loud as one. If that makes cents.

The horn will make the note you hear.
          The compressor will determine how loud.

Also there will be a little lag when you hit the horn. You will lose the factory horn sounding when u hit the panic button and unlock and lock the doors.
          My Progress thread
          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel
            I don't have any pics right now but its all in the front by the Driver fog light where the stock horn goes. I Have the Dixie dual air horn $30 Its louder than stock and Low sound instead of high like a Big rig except i dont have enough psi coming out of the little compressor. For it to be as loud as one. If that makes cents.

The horn will make the note you hear.
            The compressor will determine how loud.

Also there will be a little lag when you hit the horn. You will lose the factory horn sounding when u hit the panic button and unlock and lock the doors.

hmmm my idea was to mount it somewhere and keep the factory horn as well...and mine would just be on a switch or something

Comment

There used to be a Civic Coupe running around here locally that had his Horn facing backwards, making a fake exhaust out of it.

He dumped his exhaust out under the cabin and replaced the muffler with the horn. Looked absolutely normal.

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
              Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
              Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

Working...
              X