CHRYSLER FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHRYSLER FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY

I just got a news wire that Chrysler Corporation is filing for bankruptcy today. It now appears that the pending Fiat takeover is dead. Wonder what will happen to all the dealerships and all the cars in stock at them

Re: CHRYSLER FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY

HOLY SHIT! Are you kidding me?! It was like 90% that the merger was going to go through as of last night! Isn't this like Chryslers 3rd time filing for bankruptcy now... i heard somewhere they have filed before in the past!

Comment

I don't know what went wrong with the Fiat deal, which as of early yesterday, was alomost a "done deal". I do believe that Chrysler came close to filing back in the late 70's or early 80's when they previously almost lost it all. Thanks to Lee Iococa they survived that bump in the road. Now that they have filed, maybe Fiat can now pick them up for pennies on the dollor

Comment

did this article for my current event today in school:

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/30/news/co ... 2009043009
        ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

yea the Union met the consessions, but the debt holders couldnt come to an agreement
          for once it wasnt the unions!

My progression thread
          Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
          Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
          In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
          Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
          Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Its all good they did the deal.
            MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

the Fiat deal will probably still go through. Remember the reason Fiat wants an alliance with Chrysler is to get a foot in the US. They've been trying to sell over here for a few years now.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Originally posted by rickygt
                Its all good they did the deal.
                I got word during lunch that the Fiat merger deal was still going through even with the bankruptcy

Comment

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/20 ... announced/

The Fiat deal is done. It's a go.

Little cars saved Chyrsler in the past... I'm sure they will today.

I love me a K car. I'd love to see another Spirit R/T

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
                  Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
                  Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

Working...
                  X