Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aggressively rusting Toyota pickup frames piling up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aggressively rusting Toyota pickup frames piling up!

Reports of aggressively rusting Toyota pickup frames piling up!
    http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/29/repo ... -mounting/

yea and american cars SUCK!

funny how GM can have a loose screw recall and it makes the evening news, the radio, the news papers and people scream american car suck! But when a forgien car has a really bad recall or issue and the american media dosent even report it!

I cant believe im quoting this ass hat but he was correct when he said:
    Originally posted by Rick Wagner
    perception over reality!
    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Re: aggressively rusting Toyota pickup frames piling up!

That would be a direct result of all the crap "recycled steel" used by the Japanese Automakers. Just look at a Honda, great engines but probably some of the worst bodies in the industry...

I truly hate Toyota - they make under-engineered POS cars, everybody thinks they're great... at least until their frames rust off
    Traded: 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP M6 Coupe... 45% front tint, 35% rear tint - EBC Slotted Rotors with Red Stop pads on all four corners

Arrived: 2009 Saturn Aura XR, Carbon Flash Metallic, 6-Speed Automatic. 35% Tint All-Around OH -SO-SMOOTH!

Comment

Toyotas are horrible when it comes to rust. My mothers in laws corolla got a door ding that chipped the paint well some rust started. No lie 6 months later the rust bubble was the size of a lemon, 6 month after that there was a hole the size of a quarter in the door. It took my grand am 3 years before i got a rust hole the size of a dime to form in the door. Plus her Crappy corolla blew a head gasket and timing belt within the first year of ownership which toyota didn't want to cover even though the car only had 2000 miles on it! now the corolla which is now her son's ( my brother in laws) it sits lifeless in the backyard with a blown transmission, several rust holes, 2 maybe 3 broken door handles, the common shorting out taillights, a headliner that is being only held up by the dome light with a total of 72,000 miles on it! Great car toyota it didn't even make it to 100,000 miles without having a ton of mechanical issues.

Comment

what year corolla was that paul? i do know that the door handles also break easily on the 92-96 camry models
        2011 Toyota Camry- gunmetal gray-7,869 miles
        2008 Pontiac G6, white- 26,065 miles- traded in

Comment

Originally posted by cdipier2
          what year corolla was that paul? i do know that the door handles also break easily on the 92-96 camry models
          I believe it was a 92. I know about the camry door handles being crappy as well.

Comment

lmao morons. this is why u dont buy toyota. This is ESP why u dont buy toyota trucks lmfao
            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

I used to drive a 1993 Camry... I have nothing bad to say about it. Built with pride in Georgetown, Kentucky.
              106,000 MILES!
              There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
              Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

I used to drive a 1993 Camry... I have nothing bad to say about it. Built with pride in Georgetown, Kentucky.
                106,000 MILES!
                There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
                Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

My sister drives a Corolla and the door handle broke on it, then the window won't roll up all the way. But you know what, those are the only two problems she had with the car. It's a 1990 with just under 200,000 miles and to this day it still runs like new. She loves it she much so won't get rid of it. I love my G6 but I already have way more problems than her with my 2 year old car. I will never buy a Toyota myself but we had 2 Corollas in our family and they literally never break. My dad is a Ford man most of his life and after he bought his first Toyota he said he will never go back to Ford again.

Comment

Working...
                  X