Did I buy a lemon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I buy a lemon?

Well the first problem is that the car would die while it was in gear. This happens atleast once or twice a week. Then strangely a few days later I was about to change lanes on a high speed road and I didn't have any power. It was like my foot wasn't even pressing on the pedal.

Now to top it off, the factory stereo just died on me. I heard a bunch of interferance in the speakers and it died. What gives??

I made another appointment with the dealership for Monday. I hope they find the problem(s)!
    2006 G6 Coupe

2002 S10 Xtreme

http://www.2lo2tow.com

Something to do with the electronic throttle is my guess. Maybe a short somewhere is causing the electrical problems.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Yup i would have to agree with kyle. Definitely sounds like an electrical problem / short or something of the like.
      I hope you get it all worked out!
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Hope you get it all sorted out, I agree with them.

Comment

Keep us updated on this!!
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Took it to the dealership and left it for the day. They couldn't find any problems at all. They scanned it, checked for updates and whatever else they do and nothing.

Of course the stereo started working again a few days later, so they couldn't find the problem with that either.

They basically said if it happens again (which it does atleast once or twice a week) bring it back.
            2006 G6 Coupe

2002 S10 Xtreme

Comment

Sorry you're having problems. Electrical problems can be hard to trace. I had an engine seize once cause the oil light circuit had a scratch on the printed curcuit board. The oil pump driveshaft broke and the oil light didn't come on.
              Of course this happened 38 miles after the warranty ran out! But the dealer caught my aparrent mood about the oil light and discovered the scratch issue.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

ehh! Man that sux! I really hope you get this figured out. Not sure about canada but i know here, I think it is, they have (3) chances to fix the same problem. If they dont get her fixed its considered a lemon. Someone correct me if i am wrong, but i beleive that is what it is.
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Yeah we don't really have that up here.

Comment

The Lemon Law differs from state to state in the US, so that won't help you at all
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Engine electrical problem at 1000miles

My new car pulled this crazy issue and its going the repair shop:

1. Turns on, the RPM dial won't move. Even when reving the car.
                      2. The engine doesn't run smoothly anymore. The car has no power and barely goes down the street.
                      3. The drive traction light and then engine light is on.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this problem before.

Comment

I had this problem a few months back...It would die at low rpms, on acceleration the traction control light would come on my temp gauge would spike then drop to nothing and would loose all HP...

It took me 3 times to the dealer telling them that they need to check out the ECU. Finaly on the 4th time (after 3 "could not duplicate problems") I told them they have to road test the car to duplicate problem...

Its the ECU turns out that some of the first cars off the line had misscommunication with traction controll. It is designed to cut off power to the engine in the event of you loosing traction. I turn the thing off first thing when I start the car I dont like it.

Comment

The lemon law is Canada is this;

If your car cannot be repaired correctly on the third visist for the same problem or you have had at least three different problems stemming from three different sources you have different options to pursue

1. Keep the car and keep on paying for it sucker
                          2. Buy a different brand of car, get hosed on trade value, That'll show em
                          3. Whine, bitch and complain and get nowhere
                          4. Threaten legal action, take legal action and lose
                          BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                          ^ The Man
                          v The Legend

Comment

Just an update

I had a Flight Recorder installed in my car to see whats going on. I had to press a button every time the problem arised. I ended up hitting the button 4 times over a two week period. I took it in for them to download the information and it came back inconclusive.

Tonight when I took the car back in (from having it stall at 80km/h on the hwyway and the radio not working TODAY) I was basically treated like I was making the whole situation up because it doesn't show anything on the flight recorder and they can't mimic the problem.

Anyway, I left the car with them again tonight...this well be the 3rd time of me having to leave the car with them. I'm getting sick of it.

What other actions can I take? I didn't spend $35,000 for a car to be in the shop every other week
                            2006 G6 Coupe

2002 S10 Xtreme

Comment

35000?...dang man i dont think anyone else spent that much

Comment

Working...
                              X