g8 sold as chevrolet commodore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g8 sold as chevrolet commodore

found this to be pretty interesting. we may get the g8 after all.
    2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
    2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
    613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
    New numbers coming soon........

Re: g8 sold as chevrolet commodore

as long as the word LUMINA is no where to be found i'm happy.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

to be honest i would rather GM kill the G8 then see it become a chevy and on top of that a police cruiser
      2011 Toyota Camry- gunmetal gray-7,869 miles
      2008 Pontiac G6, white- 26,065 miles- traded in

Comment

but it also hints at replacing the chevrolet impala in 2012
        2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
        2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
        613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
        11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
        New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Funny. They coulda kept Pontiac and done it AS IT WAS STILL UNDER PONTIAC and make Pontiac viable. Naw, lets just kill Pontiac....
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
            90 Eagle Talon TSI
            09 G6 Progression(New Car)
            My Progression

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
              Funny. They coulda kept Pontiac and done it AS IT WAS STILL UNDER PONTIAC and make Pontiac viable. Naw, lets just kill Pontiac....
              agreed. they are freaking retarded.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
              Show
              -20% tint
              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Is it just me or are people just mentally incompetent.
                The Commodore is going to do horrible, its just going to be competition for the Camero and im pretty sure people are going to get the camero over the commodore.

Or is this going to be strictly a Police cruiser...?!

Gah
                Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Originally posted by cdipier2
                  to be honest i would rather GM kill the G8 then see it become a chevy and on top of that a police cruiser
                  heavily

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
                  PSN: racin247
                  Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Hmm,, i dont know what to think

It would be nice to see it come as a replacement for the Impala, and that means it offers logical competittion for the Camaro
                    much like the new Taurus SHO will be to the mustang (no need for rant about rwd-awd/rwd-rwd)

Although,, it sucks that it would become a Police Issue vehicle, because that makes them unpopular and unappealing...
                    2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                    1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer

Is it just me or are people just mentally incompetent.
                      The Commodore is going to do horrible, its just going to be competition for the Camero and im pretty sure people are going to get the camero over the commodore.

Or is this going to be strictly a Police cruiser...?!

Gah
                      Don't underestimate the power of four doors my friend. I love the Camaro, I drool over it every time I build one online. But there's not a chance in hell I'd pick it if I had a Chevy-ized G8 to buy.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Having lived in Australia for about 5 months, I know that the Commodore is a very coveted vehicle there. THEY LOVE IT and Holden sells the hell out of it. As far as competition for the Camaro, possibly, but the choice is pretty easy. Do you want a 4 door with more space or a 2 door for looks?

I tell you this, I'd buy one in a heartbeat if the price was right and assuming they don't clearance out the G8's at the end of this year....
                        2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
                        1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

I actually prefer it to be called the Commodore.

That is what it is and what it should of been called all along.
                          The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

The thing is both cars are for performance, i can only assume the commodore will be the same price as the g8. The g8 sure was a popular car amongst us car loving people but fell face first when it came to everyday consumers.

Its just unnecessary competition amongst the company.
                            Why spend 30k on a four door sedan when you can get a mailbu for 20k or something similar? (coming from a everyday consumers stand point)

Just a poor investment in my opinion.
                            Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Any bets on the chance that it gets a 6.4l powerplant in the future?

I'm just saying, i think it would sell huge with the rich geeks if the back namplate says, "Commodore 6.4"
                              "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                              ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                              SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X