Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone carfax??

1G2ZM151064128506

Long story short, I put my car on ebay and it was taken down because supposedly my car came up under being salvaged title..

I just bought it in December 08 and the dealer never told me anything about a salvaged title..

Wouldn't my bank of caught this when I applied for the loan? Unless the dealer lied about it?

IDK!!! Help please.
    2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Premium Edition
    2.0 Turbo 5-Speed Automatic
    Tsukuba Red

Re: Can anyone carfax??

I asked a while ago, and the answer was no.

Someone else might be able to get the title status though. I forgot who it was.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Call your bank and ask, they should have the title. If it is and your dealership didn't tell you then contact a lawyer asap.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
      Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Originally posted by Dextar
        Call your bank and ask, they should have the title. If it is and your dealership didn't tell you then contact a lawyer asap.
        Jacoby and Meyers time....

Comment

Welllll

The story gets better. Called the secretary of states office (They run your title history for free...)
          I was told I have a lemon title.. it was issues a couple months before I even got the car...

its starting to make sense now since the dealer wouldn't give me a car fax at the the of buying and it never came in the mail...

Now I need to know what I can do about this lemon title...
          Tsukuba Red

Comment

Originally posted by Kleindl
            its starting to make sense now since the dealer wouldn't give me a car fax at the the of buying and it never came in the mail...
            Why the hell did you even buy the car?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

I drove 3 hours to get it (one way) and was assured it was a clean title..
              Tsukuba Red

Comment

no car fax, no buy

not much you can do i wouldnt think since you didnt demand the history report before buying

Comment

I just checked gm vis and according to that, there's no warranty block or branded title on it. So unless someone was real shady and didn't report it, it doesn't have a salvaged title on it.

Comment

And you didn't bother running a carfax first? When it's a new car its fine but I tell everyone to always run one before they get a used car.

Pony up the $20 and get a couple CarFax report credits... unless someone on here already has some they bought that are just going to expire anyway (When you buy them only good for 30 days despite how many you buy)
                    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                    2005 CGM GTO.
                    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

im just going to use the secretary of states office from now on.. Its free and a detailed history.

Just trying to find out what I can do, the dealer said it was bought at auction and had no knowledge

We shall see
                      Tsukuba Red

Comment

Here we have a Lemon Law where you have 60 days to basically return the car and get 100% of your money back if there's something horribly wrong with the car and considered a lemon. It's a state by state thing... and more or less likely even if you have one you're out of the date already...

Either way, best course of action might be going down to the dealership, tell them you got a report on the VIN # and that it has a Lemon title, and that you demand to be COMPLETELY refunded the price of the car. If they refuse, or refuse any reasonable return (Maybe most of your money back is what you should aim for), threaten court. They will lose $ no matter what in court and have to pay court fees and their attorney so they will lose $ even if they win, and if they lose, they will have to pay that still PLUS your $ back completely. Remember to tell that to them if they refuse to deal with you.
                        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                        2005 CGM GTO.
                        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I contacted the Wisconsin DOT and they are sending me a package, should be here tomorrow where I give them all my info about the car and why Im saying its a bad title..

The funny thing is she asked me where I bought it like the dealer name, and i couldn't remember it at first and she asked what city, and I told her and she knew the dealer right as I said the city name.. So this isn't the first time they have pulled this.
                          Tsukuba Red

Comment

How long ago did you buy it? Ever noticed any problems with it?

Comment

Originally posted by VigilantMachine
                              How long ago did you buy it? Ever noticed any problems with it?
                              I bought it December 5th 2008 so almost 5-6 months now

The engine kind of spudders a bit while in idle but I assumed it was just the big 3.9
                              Tsukuba Red

Comment

Working...
                              X