Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac's models to die with it...

from left lane news:

General Motors officially announced on Monday its Pontiac brand will be phased out by the end of 2010, but the marque’s brightest star – the G8 – won’t even make it that far. GM CEO Fritz Henderson announced earlier today the G8 sedan will be phased out by the end of this year.

According to Henderson, Pontiac’s relationship with Holden – GM’s Australian subsidiary and maker of the G8 – will end by the end of 2009. Henderson said production of the Pontiac G8 will wind down by the end of the year, with the automaker prepared to offer heavy incentives to get the performance sedan off dealer lots. News AU estimates the end of the Pontiac G8 will cost Holden more than $750 million in lost revenue.

Additionally, Henderson said GM has no plans to move any Pontiac models to other brands. That means the Pontiac Solstice will ride off into the sunset shortly after the G8, with the Vibe likely to be the last model standing in the Pontiac lineup. The Vibe is made at a joint-venture plant with Toyota, with the five-door wagon set to be produced through 2010. The Pontiac G3 — essentially a rebadged version of the Chevy Aveo — and the G6, a platform mate of the Chevy Malibu, will also be discontinued.
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Re: Pontiac's models to die with it...

Not surprising seeing as GM is being an asshole.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

we could ban together and protest never to buy a new car from anyone ever again. That might give us some pull.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
      Originally posted by [i
      Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

They're gunna end Pontiac with the VIBE?!?

Talk about being b!tch slapped!

Comment

It's too bad GM was run into the ground.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
          Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
            we could ban together and protest never to buy a new car from anyone ever again. That might give us some pull.
            the GM contact page is running VERY slow today.

Comment

Damn. Well... I might be able to get my G8 GT cheap now....
              2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
              Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
              2005 CGM GTO.
              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I wouldn't count on that just yet.
                Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                Originally posted by ahuhn
                i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                  Damn. Well... I might be able to get my G8 GT cheap now....

Thats my hope too.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                  Originally posted by [i
                  Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

have to say that the 6 is the last american car i will ever own

Comment

That's just crazy they purposely run Pontiac to the ground. Typical GM mentality, it's all about politics and marketing, not the consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                        That's just crazy they purposely run Pontiac to the ground. Typical GM mentality, it's all about politics and marketing, not the consumer.
                        When was it ever about the consumer?
                        <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom

Whatever GM can do to keep its head above water, its going to do. They'll keep force feeding us boring cars, as long as we buy them. There not interested in what the consumer wants, just what helps them out.

Bleh.

This is just insult to injury.

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
                          Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
                          Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

yet they will keep buick!!!??? WTF GM!!! im thinking if they are going to offer "heavy incentives" i might go for a G8 !

I think the more realistic approach should be Keeping Chevy(obviously no going anywhere) Pontiac, Cadillac, and GMC for the luxury truck between chevy and caddy.
                            -Tim
                            2013 Chrysler 300 S V6 8spd auto
                            2009 G6 GT Sedan - Brothers ride
                            2008 G6 GXP Sedan - Sold @ 51k
                            -5% Tint all around
                            -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 245/45/18's
                            -Racingline STB
                            -Eibach Springs
                            2006 G6 GTP Coupe - SOLD @ 70k
                            2005 G6 GT Sedan - SOLD @ 99k

Comment

The G6 my wife and I bought will be the first and last Gm product we will ever buy. We made the switch to to help the american auto makers out and this is how they repay us Th 6 is a great car I love it! But they keep Buick WTF. And GMC is the same damn thing as Chevy Dammit.
                              2006 G6 GT, Crimson red, Beige Leather w/woodgrain trim, Sirius Sat Radio,tinted tails, debadged

Comment

Working...
                              X