Swapping out rear speakers for aftermarkets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping out rear speakers for aftermarkets

I know a bunch of you guys have done this...my question is it just like any other speaker install?

When i go to crutchfield.com and look at the install instructs for the rear speakers it gives me the following:

Installation Details for your 2006 G6

» Use the factory speaker brackets.
    » Use the factory speaker grilles.
    » A wiring harness is not available. Cut off the factory connectors and splice the vehicle's speaker wires to your new speaker wires.
    » The factory speakers are powered by an amp. The factory amp sends bass and treble to these speakers thru separate sets of wires. To get full range sound you will need to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket radio AND bypass the factory amp.

Do you really have to get an aftermarket radio to get full range sound?

If you were curious about which speakers i'm goin for --> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zZScOkaExH ... I=1086937I
    '06 GTP 6 Speed...red, red calipers, 20% tint all around, GT-R Exhaust

~AX

Yes if you have the monsoon there is (4) wires going to your factory speaker.
    Step 1 - cut off wire connectors not bracket!
    Step 2 - figure out which wires are bass and which is treble (so to speak)
    I think i have them listed in one of my "how to "
    step 3 - Hook the bas + & - to the regular connections.
    step 4 - Connect the treble + & - wires to where to wires on the speaker come off of the regular connections to the tweeters. Should just be prior to the bass blocker on the + side. I couldnt get a good look at your specific speaker, but like most 2-way & 3-way 6x9s are this way. This is prolly confusing without having the speakers in front of you.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

that is a good choice in speakers, I have a set that I payed $28 for.... guy was hurtin for money , and I'm very pleased with them, they're installed in my 95 Chevy Lumina
      My Progression

Comment

Great speakers, I replaced an entire stock system in my friends new silverado with all Infinity Kappa speakers and it sounds awesome.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah Infinity makes some top notch stuff, you'll be pleased.

Comment

Working...
          X