injen cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injen cold air intake

all the sites that are selling the injen cai are saying it is for the 05... i have a 06 gt coupe and was just wondering if anyone knows if it fits or if anyone already has one installed

Injen's intake is known to crack at the welds.

You'd be better with a Doctorspeed intake, but that's just my opinion.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

yes it should fit your 3.5. But like Tom said it is known to crack.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I have the injen installed in my 2006 3.5 and it fits and works fine. I also heard about the cracking on the driver side mount. I asked about that before buying and I was told the bracket used to be a single bracket and it is now a double. Just keep your receipt they claim a life time warranty. One thing to check before you leave the store-check the rubber couplings-they Both need to be 3 3/8" to fit both sides of the mas air flow sensor. One of mine were not but I called them and they sent one out (none available locally)
        2006 Fusion Orange Coupe GT, Limo Tint, Chrome strut Bar, Chrome intake, Debadged, Metalic Silver PONTIAC wind shield, Metalic silver pin stripe, Chrome wheels with Locks, Aftermarket rear spoiler, GT-R exhaust, Painted engine and battery covers,

Comment

Ok, so there you have it. They've apparently fixed the issue.

I'm biased, but I personally recommend Doctorspeed intakes myself. He happens to own this website, and he makes top notch stuff.

http://www.doctorspeed.com/pontiac_g6/

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Well i was going to get the cold air box from him and i ordered it over a month ago so i was kind of ancy to get it but i ended up asking for a refund and he had said it was shipped out but then i got an email today saying it wasnt ever shipped. Just from reading all the stuff about his i would much rather get the dr speed one but i dont know whats going on now

Comment

I never said it was shipped, I said I would check my UPS to see if it had gone out with the last batch. There is still a bit of a wait for these. That's why I have them listed as not being available yet on the website. It's just delayed, they're not gone or anything to that effect. I assure you, everybody that orders from me will get their parts. If anybody decides they no longer want to wait, I issue a full refund (as you know).

I don't like the delay any more than you guys!

I think the Injen DESIGN is flawed, not the bracket. The engine moves front to back during everyday driving. The Injen mount is a fixed, rigid mount to the front of the car. This means that every single time your engine moves, it stresses the bracket. It may be a stronger bracket, but over time, it too will fail.
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe
              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Both my injen brackets are mounted on 2" high 1" round rubber bumpers so I don't know how much they absorb some of that engine movement but if you grab the pipe and move it around it flex's fine-but I'm no expert.
                I looked at the Doctor Performance System several months ago and even asked about availability and I was given 2 weeks. Than I looked more closely at the system and saw the Ribbed pipe. Yes I read the point about causeing a Vortex and it Helps the air flow. How ever I looked at my 2002 TransAm and the SLP intake is all smooth, my 2005 Yukon SL K&N is all smooth, My 2006 GMC Canyon K&N is all smooth, and the injen in the G6 is all smooth. Like I said I am NO expert and maybe the Doc is on to something with this ribbed intake pipe. Everyone has to judge by themselves after research-it's your money and your choice
                2006 Fusion Orange Coupe GT, Limo Tint, Chrome strut Bar, Chrome intake, Debadged, Metalic Silver PONTIAC wind shield, Metalic silver pin stripe, Chrome wheels with Locks, Aftermarket rear spoiler, GT-R exhaust, Painted engine and battery covers,

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
                  I never said it was shipped, I said I would check my UPS to see if it had gone out with the last batch. There is still a bit of a wait for these. That's why I have them listed as not being available yet on the website. It's just delayed, they're not gone or anything to that effect. I assure you, everybody that orders from me will get their parts. If anybody decides they no longer want to wait, I issue a full refund (as you know).

I don't like the delay any more than you guys!

I think the Injen DESIGN is flawed, not the bracket. The engine moves front to back during everyday driving. The Injen mount is a fixed, rigid mount to the front of the car. This means that every single time your engine moves, it stresses the bracket. It may be a stronger bracket, but over time, it too will fail.
                  I agree with Kyle, that Injen's design is flawed. The 1st set of Injen intakes made will break. They did a redesign on the mount, there is a photo somewhere. I have one of the 1st sets and it broke, took a while but it did.
                  I took mine to a welder here locally and had them weld the bracket back on, and then cut off the mount. I then bought a piece of aluminum from Home Depot, 1/16" thick, 1/2" wide. I bent this around the intake tube and fastened it to the black piece above the rad. If you have the Injen intake, I highly reccomend that you do this. Mine now, has enough flex front to rear as to not cause any issues.
                  I can post pics for those who need to see it.

BTW, I bought the Injen prior to Doctor Speed releasing their version.
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                  20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I just dont understand why you would opt for something that has known problems over something everyone is happy with. Its like buying a KIA after everyone says theres a reason why they have the 100,000 warrenty.
                    2006 G6 GT- Custom Dual Exhuast. Red Line Quicklifts. Debadged. Dr. Speed CAI Stage 3.Arrowhead hoodliner.

Comment

Originally posted by g6goddess
                      I just dont understand why you would opt for something that has known problems over something everyone is happy with. Its like buying a KIA after everyone says theres a reason why they have the 100,000 warrenty.
                      I assume you are posting to me. I had the Injen months before the Doctor Speed was available. Also there were no known problems at the time.
                      I also used my ability to make it work. Functionally the Injen is an awesome intake.
                      Hopefully you now understand.
                      It's all Mike #1's fault.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

do you have pics of your injen...i don't remember seeing any?
                        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

here is another members:

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                            do you have pics of your injen...i don't remember seeing any?
                            I never posted pics of mine, as there were some here prior to that. You have to search, they are buried way deep in Performance forum.

EDIT:

Thats what I'm talkin 'bout. Thanks Brian.
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                              Thats what I'm talkin 'bout. Thanks Brian.
                              yeah i just like searching for shit

Comment

Working...
                              X