6-Speed MT in the GTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-Speed MT in the GTP

I have been doing some research and found that a gear oil without friction modifiers can help synchros synch faster. So I was wondering if the RedLine Synthetic 75W90 NS would help in some of our cases???

Thoughts?

BTW... I just bought my car (G6 GTP 6MT) about a week ago and I have about 500 miles on it. The trans doesn't grind but I have noticed some stiff shifting and every now and then, it just won't let me shift into 3rd. The pausing at the neutral position has to stop!

Another question, how do I find when the car was born?
    2006 G6 GTP. Mods: Painted headlights, System: Kenwood KFC-XW1202DVC 12" subwoofer, Kenwood Excelon KAC-X10D Mono subwoofer amplifier. Coming soon: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit

I believe you find the born-on date on the inside of the driver's door
    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Cool dood. Thanks. I just want to be sure that it was born after Jan 1st. Seems that this is the cut off for the newer version of the trans.
      2006 G6 GTP. Mods: Painted headlights, System: Kenwood KFC-XW1202DVC 12" subwoofer, Kenwood Excelon KAC-X10D Mono subwoofer amplifier. Coming soon: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit

Comment

Well my car was born in August of 2005. I wonder if this means that I have the 'shitter' trans. I have been getting more and more frustrated with shifting it. It has been stubborn from 1 - 2 and 2 - 3. I really love the car and if this could get fixed, then I will have a perfect car to drive.

I am thinking about approching the dealer about this. I think the Transmission Replacement Program will cover my issues. Seems like a buch of us have had them.
        What did you guys do?

Comment

Originally posted by QuickCoupe
          Well my car was born in August of 2005. I wonder if this means that I have the 'shitter' trans. I have been getting more and more frustrated with shifting it. It has been stubborn from 1 - 2 and 2 - 3. I really love the car and if this could get fixed, then I will have a perfect car to drive.

I am thinking about approching the dealer about this. I think the Transmission Replacement Program will cover my issues. Seems like a buch of us have had them.
          What did you guys do?
          I never have trouble with Second or third anyone, but I changed out my fluid for Royal Pruple Gear Max
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

I have the same problem. I have had many 5 & 6 speed transmissions, but this is the first one I've had this issue with. I too have considered approaching the dealer, but I've had some issues lately & I'm kind of scared to do it right now. I think I will wait a little longer. I have 10,000 miles and it still hasn't changed any....

Comment

Well I was hope that with time (and miles) things would free up a little. Actually since I bitched last, the car has not given me any trouble! I am really loving to drive it now!

But that sux for you dude. Maybe you should try the royal purple method that blackrider suggests... He does a How-To on it...

Comment

Neone tried Lucas products?? When I worked at NAPA we couldnt keep that shit on the shelves!!
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by simplyred
                  Neone tried Lucas products?? When I worked at NAPA we couldnt keep that shit on the shelves!!
                  Never used them myself... but I know some people that have... nothing but praise.
                  Originally posted by TLS2000
                  Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                  GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Shifting into 3rd gave me some trouble for a while, but things seem to be getting better (not perfect yet). I just reached 3,000 miles.

For a while there I had to pause in the gate before going into 3rd or I would feel it grind a bit. I even got into the habit of going from 2nd right into to 4th to avoid the problem if I wasn't in a hurry. 4th, 5th and 6th gears have never been a problem.
                    2006 Crimson GTP Coupe - Debadged - Painted Engine Cover

Comment

im at about 9500 miles and its just recently getting smooth. im not sure if its the trans 'breaking in' or me just getting to know how to shift it right. seems to me that the 1-2 shift is the worst. never had too much problem with 2-3
                      '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Working...
                      X