Test your Light Taupe Impression Cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test your Light Taupe Impression Cloth

Since I am having problems with the front seats of my Pontiac G6, which has the Light Taupe Impression Cloth I thought I would check out the backseat that no one has ridden in.

For those unfamilar with my problem I dripped a covered dish across my seats during the holidays. I tried to cleanup the seats with water and the colors ran. The dealer tried the same and it got worst. Finally the dealer had to clean the seats with a solvent in order to get out the colors where they ran.

So to test the back seat, I took a slightly damp white cotton cloth and rubbed it back and forth on the back seat. I figured since the back seat had never been ridden in it should come out clean. But what I got was a white cloth with some of the seat color. Since I have color on the white cloth, that tells me the fabric is not color fast.

If you haven't checked out your fabric, you may want to before you get to far down the road. Those of us who have the problem may want to stand together to see it resolved. Do like I did and call the GM warranty assistance and tell them about your problem.

Just interested, what reply did you get from the warrenty center? Did they replace the seats?
    ~ Nick
    ----------------
    2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
    Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

At this point I'm going back to the dealer again. They cleaned the seats again, and scotch guarded them until they were soaked. There is still one spot that the color ran to in the corner. The dealer asked me to bring it back again and they would do what it took to make me happy.

The dealer I bought the car from is wonderful, but they are trying to also work within the manufacturer guidelines. Since there are no Technical Service Bulletins published on the problem their hands are somewhat tied until they take all the steps they can to resolve the problem without actually replacing the seat covers. It takes a lot of complaints to get a TSB published and that is what is needed for the dealer to jump in and replace the seat cover immediately.

As I have been told you always want to make a complaint to the service manager so they can log the complaint and also call the GM 1-800 customer assitance number published in the warranty book so they will log a problem as well. Once a threshold of problems are reached the engineers start looking into the problem and make a recommendation on the resolution. Obviously not many people have my problem, which amazes me. The two materials in the seat are in such contrast after I have been looking at them. The top material acts like a wick.

Comment

lol wow.... wouldve never thought that the seats would do that!
        2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

thats horrible to hear, hopefully they just replace your seats and call it done!
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I never would have thought the seats would have done that either. I have owned cars for 35 years and never once have I seen the color in the fabric run before in a GM car. You would think plain water would not cause the colors to run in the fabric.

Comment

im so glad i didnt go with tan cloth its what the woman wanted but i convined her the leater was smarter. Plus she loves the heated seats!!
              04 red/red GTO
              05 silver/black G6 GT
              http://www.myspace.com/04redgto

Comment

Any update on what the dealer is going to do about your seats?
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I left the car over at the deal Thursday morning for them to look at it again and think about it. I picked a good time because the service manager had his office full of GM reps, so I guess I'll be getting a call today to hear what they decided. It will either be they cleaned them one more time and let's see how they look, or do you want new seat covers. I think they need to go for the new seat covers, but I'm being fair and letting them try their options. I figure if they clean them then any problems I have they will have to clean them in the future. If I go for new covers it's back to me cleaning.

Comment

Well the dealer didn't do anything to the new spots on the seats except show them to the higher up GM reps that happened to be onsite. The service manager told them he witnesses first hand the cleaning and when they finished there were not spots. Obviously as the seats dried the material wicked up color either from the foam below of the fabric underneath. He told them they shouldn't happen. So they agreed to research with other dealers to see if the was happening elsewhere. They also said in the meantime I could charge some basic seat covers to them to cover up the spots if I wanted to. I think I'll just wait on that.

So bottom like, more reasearch, and they will get back to me on what they will do, but it sounds like they will be replacing the seat covers, but they need to make sure when they replace them the problem is not repeated.

Also the service manager told me they have had one more person come in since me with the same problem. So at least I am not alone in the battle at the dealership.

Anyone else with this problem needs to report it to their service manager and call the 1-800 GM customer assitance number in the warrany manuanl to make sure the problem is logged. If you haven't had the problem yet, give it time and you probably will.

Comment

Thats good, at least they are going to take care of it.

Comment

Anyone know if - what kind of problems anyone has had with the black impression cloth?
                        2006 G6 GTP Sedan Granite
                        Cant really afford mods right now...but at some point...lol
                        Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X