Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REPORT: General Motors to kill Pontiac on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPORT: General Motors to kill Pontiac on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!

REPORT: General Motors to kill Pontiac on Monday

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/23/repo ... ac-monday/

Originally posted by autoblog
    According to a report from InsideLine, General Motors could axe Pontiac as early as this Monday. Although IL isn't citing its source within GM, it did contact the General's PR man, Tom Wilkinson, who said, "There's nothing I can share with you at this time... Officially, nothing has changed with Pontiac's niche-brand status, until you hear differently." Not very clear, but not particularly positive either.

The line about Pontiac's "niche-brand status" has been floating around since last December, when GM began to focus on its four core brands – Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC – while readying the rest (Saab, Saturn and Hummer) for execution or extradition.

Pontiac's focus has been ill-defined (at best) over the decade, with solid products like the G8 coming to market alongside other less-than-stellar offerings (cough, G3). There was talk of reigniting Pontiac's performance heritage or even refocusing the brand as a Scion competitor. Regardless of past plans or intentions, there was no doubt that Pontiac was in the cross-hairs, and come Monday, we might know it's final fate.
    well let see what happens.
    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Re: REPORT: General Motors to kill Pontiac on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF......

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
    PSN: racin247
    Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Re: REPORT: General Motors to kill Pontiac on Mond

autoblog can blow me.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Well, if they kill Pontiac, G8 are going to be super cheap or price tag will increase because an extinct brand....

What worries my what is going GM to do with parts and warranties for these cars?

Comment

Re: REPORT: General Motors to kill Pontiac on Mond

Autoblog is like people magazine.

Too much crap.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

They still have to honor warranties and such.
            Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
            I <3 Cody.

No homo.
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

parts and stuff shouldnt be a problem. afterall, we do drive pontiac malibu's (i know, it hurts to say it)
              r/t .539, 60' 2.328, 330' 6.529, 1/8mi 10.002, 71.16 mph (completely stock)

My Baby in her darkest hour
              http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...l=1#post389966

Comment

ughhhh more bad news? please be a rumor, please be a rumor... lol

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Sounds to me more like a rumour.

you can only put so much weight on the response from GM, when he replies to the media he has to sound as neutral as possible, often times that sounds negative
                  2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                  2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                  1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

i've said it before, i will say it again.

if GM is dumb enough to kill the only brand of car i ever owned, ever loved, ever knew....my next car will be from ANY other manufacturer. I WILL NOT flock to chevy like they want to believe i will...and i will not buy any other GM vehicle again.
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                      i've said it before, i will say it again.

if GM is dumb enough to kill the only brand of car i ever owned, ever loved, ever knew....my next car will be from ANY other manufacturer. I WILL NOT flock to chevy like they want to believe i will...and i will not buy any other GM vehicle again.
                      well put!!!!!!!! although to me the new camaro is very tempting lol, though it is the only other non-Pontiac vehicle I really want to buy

Comment

Im gonna be pissed if they axe basically because I want a G8 GXP
                        2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                        2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                        1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Originally posted by leaveitsmokin
                          lol 4 outta 5 cars I want right now are Pontiac lol. G8 GXP, GTO, Soltice GXP and G6 GXP

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo64
                            lol 4 outta 5 cars I want right now are Pontiac lol. G8 GXP, GTO, Soltice GXP and G6 GXP

and the 5th?
                            r/t .539, 60' 2.328, 330' 6.529, 1/8mi 10.002, 71.16 mph (completely stock)

My Baby in her darkest hour
                            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...l=1#post389966

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus5057
                              Originally posted by Ringo64

and the 5th?
                              lol 2010 Camaro

Comment

Working...
                              X