DEAD BUGS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEAD BUGS!!!

This is a weird one. I'm also on the Edmunds G6 forum, and I came across a posting that hit home with me. Apparently several other G6 Coupe owners are experiencing the same issue, so thought I'd post to see if any of you (and sedan owners) are having this too.

I have on at least 4 occasions had to pull the clear lenses off the interior lights because dead bugs are finding their way into the overhead lenses. (more often in the front 'map lights' than in the dome, but definately in both areas). I pop 'em off and dump the carcasses out, pop 'em back in and in a few weeks there are more to dump. On the Edmunds posting, there was one guy who said he had the dealer look into it, and they dropped his head liner and had to vacuum out HUNDREDS of dead bugs. Not one time, but twice!

So anyone else seeing this creepy thing?

SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Um, not in my sedan! That would suck!
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

i have like 2 tiny little bugs in my one map light over a year span...i havent even bothered to remove them
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Yeah I have not seen any in mine so far. I did have problem with a previous car that would attract bugs in the lap. Dealer told me it was because I kept my windows cracked in the heat when I was at work. Yeah RIght!
        2006 G6 GT- Custom Dual Exhuast. Red Line Quicklifts. Debadged. Dr. Speed CAI Stage 3.Arrowhead hoodliner.

Comment

i had bugs in the dome/map lights when i first got my car. i cleaned them out and havent had any trouble since. I have a sedan btw.
          You're doing it all wrong...you gotta cup the balls, relax the jaw...

Comment

i would imagine if you are having this problem you would also be having the sunroof leak problem, cause i think the only way for any major bug population to break into your headliner would be through the water drain holes from the sunroof. so if the drain tubes come undone like a bunch of us coupes have seen then i bet you could get bugs pretty easy. ive only had a couple inside like one day i sat in there an a spider was dangling down from the rear view mirror. Also i think this would have a lot to do with where you live and/or park.
            '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

I've had a few in my map lights... but that's it
              Originally posted by TLS2000
              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

I just was cleaning out my car yesterday and saw 2 big ones in my dome light!!

yuckkk.. how are you guys getting off the plastic piece.. i havent tried and i dont wanna break it!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

I could almost believe the 'open window' theory, but I NEVER leave them or the sunroof open if I'm not in the car, even in my garage. And I've been in some serious downpours and have never seen any evidence of leaks, so I doubt the drain tubes are the culprit either. UNLESS the bugs are crawling up the drain tubes from wherever it is they terminate. Maybe they were in the factory when the car was assembled, but I doubt that too.

The whole thing is just too strange! I've never seen anything like it before in a car.
                  Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                  Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

it happened in my old car too. bugs have their ways!

PS I have no sunroof problems.. so im sure they get in your windows when you have them down.. then since they can fit into small spaces.. squeeze into the light fixture

Comment

Re: DEAD BUGS!!!

Originally posted by Tin_Indian_G6
                      I have on at least 4 occasions had to pull the clear lenses off the interior lights because dead bugs are finding their way into the overhead lenses. (more often in the front 'map lights' than in the dome, but definately in both areas). I pop 'em off and dump the carcasses out, pop 'em back in and in a few weeks there are more to dump.
                      i have a couple little tiny black flies that found themselves into the map light, how i have no idea.

They died

How do you pull the map light covers off?
                      Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
                        I just was cleaning out my car yesterday and saw 2 big ones in my dome light!!

yuckkk.. how are you guys getting off the plastic piece.. i havent tried and i dont wanna break it!
                        You can pry the covers off the front map lights real easy if you press it upward (like you do when you turn them on/off) and then just catch the other end and pull down. They come off very easily. Same sort of thing for the dome light, but it doesn't move up and down like the front map lights do.

Comment

o okay.. ill have to get around to doing that.. they aren't in my map lights though thankfully

Comment

^ NOT YET !!!!!

Comment

yeah i know.. them bugs are EVIL

Comment

Working...
                              X