What is your tire pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your tire pressure?

Just trying to get some input on where you set your tires at?

What trim you have? What does the Manf. Recommend? And what do you have them set at?

Thanks

i would not deviate from the manufacturers specs listed in the drivers door jamb. i dunno what it is for the GTP though.

Comment

I normally run 32psi in mine. That is normally what i run in any light truck or car tire.
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

GM recommends 30psi in the GTP. Just feels a tad soft.

Comment

i think mine are at 40
          -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
            I normally run 32psi in mine. That is normally what i run in any light truck or car tire.
            i run 35 in the jimmy but i haven't even felt the need to check the G6 yet. at 1700 miles it should be alright. i am getting the oil changed next week i will check it then.

also CHECK YOUR DAMN SPARE TIRES. most donut spares are supposed to have 60psi in them (and by 'most' i mean every one i have ever seen)....i would say 1 out of 20 cars i see is within 25psi of that. nobody ever checks their spare tire but if you do need it someday you are gonna be glad you did. it takes an extra 30 seconds but can save a lot of aggrivation. even with fullsize spares you don't want to be running on low pressure.

Comment

Bristol,

I'd check it ASAP. I bought mine with 1800 miles on it and all the tires were 5+ lbs lower than what GM recommended.

Comment

don't the tires say 40 psi max or something near that

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by Scamallite
                  Bristol,

I'd check it ASAP. I bought mine with 1800 miles on it and all the tires were 5+ lbs lower than what GM recommended.
                  yeah it doesn't hurt to check. now that you posted that i will probably throw the gauge on it tomorrow lol. 2 of the tires on my jimmy have slow leaks and i spent 2 years keeping those at the correct pressure...then i got the pontiac and didn't want to deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                    don't the tires say 40 psi max or something near that
                    ignore what the tires say...always go by the car's specs. most of the time all the tires list is the "Max load" PSI anyway.

the only time i wold not go by what the manufacturer reccomends is if you own an Explorer...and that is because Ford screwed it's owners over and made Firestone take the blame. but as a general rule of thumb go buy what the car says, not the tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz

Even on my motorcycle I keep it around 32.
                      2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

I think mine are at 34, I'm pretty sure that's what the sticker said. But anyways I believe they are 34, at least when I checked them last.

Comment

I 100% agree with Bristol.... I think thats a first
                          Always go with the tag on the vehicle, not what is shown on the tires.

Yes the gt's also reccommend 30psi.

Bristol- In my Zr2 i run between 25-32psi (32x11.5), but my truck sees alot more mud and rocks compared to your Jimmy
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

there's no way i'm dropping mine to 30...that would be just another way to hurt my gas mileage...i dont want to drop in the 17's mpg

Comment

I run 31. I like a smooth, but functional ride.
                              2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Working...
                              X