Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission service?

Hey fellas,

Just wanted to get some opinions on the 50K Transmission service, and if it's something you can do yourself?

Local dealer wants like $300 bucks to do it, while a shop down the street wants only 50 to do a flush, but then of course you still got the dirty filter.

I did a complete flush and filter on my 04 Trailblazer a while back and while it was the first time I had done it, it wasn't too hard. However I but didn't know if the 3.5L on a 2006 was any more complicated.

Appreciate any advice.

D

Re: Transmission service?

=\
    dont remember the price on mine but im sure it was like150 TOPS. prolly less closer to 100 because i had my oil done at the same time. ill have to get my bill and post later.

but it inluded a flush and im sure they did the filter and whatnot too.

call some transmission places around town

Comment

You should be able to do this in your driveway with a floor jack and a jack stand or two. The main difference between the dealer and a DIY is that the dealer usually has a machine that sucks out all of the trans fluid, even the stuff in the converter, compared to when you do it yourself or at the gas station, they just drop the pan, drain the fluid, and change the filter. Just dropping the pan won't get all of the trans fluid out so your new fluid will be mixed with some of the old remaining fluid in the converter. Unless you really beat the sh*t out of your car/trans, you should be OK with the driveway change.

Most national transmission places, like AAMCO, also use the machine to get all of the fluid out and should be way cheaper than the stealership

Comment

Would you guys recommend aamco?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

we charge about $110 for a trans flush at my dealer so 300 is a lot. we just flush the fluid we dont change the filter for that. changing the filter costs more and might be closer to the $250-300 range with a flush

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
            Would you guys recommend aamco?

NO!!

I use to work for them (as a computer consultant) and they SUCK big time....

Comment

AAMCO?

wtf?! do you hate your car or something?

why not make a day of it.

you could take your car to AAMCO for a trans flush, then to walmart for an oil change and then to finish the day off you could take it to sears automotive for tires.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                AAMCO?

wtf?! do you hate your car or something?

why not make a day of it.

you could take your car to AAMCO for a trans flush, then to walmart for an oil change and then to finish the day off you could take it to sears automotive for tires.
                Mods:
                CRAB option 3 and FPU, iSimple Ipod integrator, Infinity Kappa 693.7i rear speakers, 50 front/20 rear window tint, gtp rims, Brembo brakes, Racingline STB/grounding kit, Intake Resonator Deleted, WAMS Tune.

Upcoming Mods:
                more audio upgrades, racingline MMIs(waiting to be installed)

Comment

Thanks for the insight folks. Does anyone know of any links that have instructions on how to do it on the G6?

Comment

Working...
                  X