Heat sheild for "cone filter"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat sheild for "cone filter"

I just bought an AEM Dryflow Air Filter, and am wondering if there is a heat sheild to block it from all that engine heat? Thanks for any help.
    myspace.com/donaldlynd

where do you plan on putting the filter? If it stays in the engine bay instead of taking the place of the resonator it might be a good idea but I think they're mainly for looks-either way its gonna suck in the hot air from the engine and radiator.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Sorry for my lack of info, but im just trying to keep it from heat as much a possiblut. Could I put it "where the resonator" goes to help? I planned on taking of the stock box and attaching the open filter.
      myspace.com/donaldlynd

Comment

Have you checked out the intakes offered by the Doc?? I have the Stage 3 from him and I love the damn thing!!
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
        X