got a question on touch up paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a question on touch up paint

so the other day i bought some touch paint to fix some deep scratchs and i was tellin this kid i work with that and he said it would look bad because it wont have clear coat. like the rest of the car

so what is clear coat

Re: got a question on touch up paint

honestly as long as you take your time it wont look tooo bad, i did that 2 weekends ago, and yeah you can tell, but only if your looking really closely at it, u just really needa take your time and use a steady hand. i dunno what clear coat does to it..

Comment

i was thinking like it kinda gives it a shine but not sure. is there any where ican get clear coat

Comment

wheel high performance clear coat at autozone...i used that stuff on my painted eyelids, and side skirts...works great

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
        PSN: racin247
        Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

oh ok wat is clear coat. im not good with paint and stuff like that i tried using the tail light spray tint and it came out horrible. and that reminds me i want do my engine covers like yours. well i dont want to copy you but something with blue

Comment

clear coat is like a layer of paint over the paint but its clear. its basicaly what gives the color all of its shine

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

oh ok so just paint then throw on some clear coat and im good right

Comment

if you use GM touch up paint it matches pretty well with out putting clear over it since they mix the touc up paint a bit diferent so the clear is already in it (or something like that)

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

yea i got it from the dealership

Comment

try it out adn see how it works
                    if it looks duller then youd need a bit of clear on it but i dont think you will

Comment

for the clear coat would mix it in with the paint or just brush it on

Comment

brush it on after the paint drys

Comment

oh ok thanks

Comment

use a fine brush for the touch up, mask the areas NOT to be touched up

Comment

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24451&hilit=+paint

Here is a good topic that will help.

Comment

Working...
                              X