Installing Aftermarket Radio w/ Monsoon Audio System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Aftermarket Radio w/ Monsoon Audio System

I ordered a Pioneer Z1 DVD Navigation unit today to put in my car from crutchfield. Am i going to have any problems installing this in a 06 GT Sedan with a monsoon speaker system. From the looks of it on the forums, there have already been people that have done this? I have already ordered a Double DIN Metra kit so it fits nice and snug.

Thanks again,

Aaron

p.s. I'm also not concerned with losing the DIC.

bah, this is the stupidist thing ever.

as i look again, it seems TONS of people have installed aftermarket radios with a monsoon audio system. The guy @ crutchfield told me that unfortunatly because i had a monsoon audio system, i wasn't able to change out my radio with out changing all of my speakers. And, since its a lease, i don't really want to go do that. Does this guy NOT know what he's talking about?

Comment

Sounds like he's trying to get more money from you. I wouldn't buy from him at all. He has no idea what he's talking about.

Comment

i hate getting sold over the phone. its iritating. So, i just should have to solder the wires and go right?

Comment

This post might get you started, at least: http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=568

Comment

i didn't think you needed a mounting kit like the metra with a double din radio?

Comment

hmmm..., you shouldn't...all the installs I've seen were not metra kit

Comment

youll def need a metra kit with the Z1, heres my install with the D1 and i believe (really weird if theyre not) the same size. i have the part number listed on there too for people thnking about doing this.

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3034

Comment

it said it needed to be 4" tall, and 7" wide, i measured, and it looks like the g6 has a larger bay for a radio than just double DIN. so thats why i orderd the double din metra kit. i think it was part number 95-3302.

Comment

Working...
                  X