First BIG mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First BIG mod?

Well, I've gotten most of the basic mods out there for the G6, and since my El Camino is just about to roll out of the garage, I am looking ahead to what my first major mod should be on my G6...

Just because it is on the poll doesn't mean I am seriously thinking about it (I am putting a couple crazy ones on there.) I just want to know what you guys think.

EDIT: that should be flip TRUNK
    Underbody neons/LEDs (red to match my interior lights)
    0%
    Flip truck (that stays horizontal when it is open)
    0%
    Air ride, adjustible on the fly
    0%
    Lambo doors? (I know, I know)
    0%
    Nitrous Oxide (small ~50 shot)
    0%
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

well considering the other options I would opt for the nitrous just for the hell of it. I've been thinking about doing this to mine just for fun-nothing fancy just a small shot for a little extra get up and go when I want it. I know there are some people out there who are gonna opt for the air ride-I'm just not into all that stuff. Good luck with whatever you choose!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

None.
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
        None.
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

i'd go with a blower over nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
            i'd go with a blower over nitrous
            well, I would too... but don't think there is anything availible for the 3900... that's not to say I could modify something that IS out there...

The only one's on the list that I'm really considering, actually, are the Nitrous and the Underbody...

I would like to design a custom body kit for it... and have some ideas in mind... but I don't really have that kind of time... most of these things I could do in a long weekend

Comment

I didn't vote cause I didn't like any of those ideas, but if I had to pick one I'd prolly go with nitrous or bags. Blower would be nice, but I have a feeling there will be something available someday. Wishful thinking maybe, but hoping for it.

Comment

I generally am a performance first kind of guy... but I've gotten (or are waiting on) pretty much everything availible...cold air box, exhaust, insulating the rest of the intake tube, strut brace, waiting on H&R springs, etc.

I've never really done much with exterior appearance before... and kind of wanting something I can take to car shows to contrast my El Camino... Classic Muscle / All go versus Modern street / show (and go :-p)

ya know?

Comment

Yeah I hear what you're saying, looks like you've done quite a bit to your car. Sure whatever comes next will be just as good.

Comment

Wlll if you're into performance, get the nitrous. That's the most reasonable one on there.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

You can either go fast or you get airbags. I wouldn't go any faster than 110 km/h with airbags. I was going 140km/h on the hwy a few years back and blew an airline, the front of my truck hit the pavement. Wasn't too pretty.
                      2006 G6 Coupe

2002 S10 Xtreme

http://www.2lo2tow.com

Comment

I'm usually supportive of any mods, and really am sorry to say this, but I'm not really sure anything on your list is appealing nor sensible in my opinion. So I have to join the others who's vote has been cast for none of the above.

That being said, it's your car and I think you should do what you feel, regardless of what the popular reply to your poll tells you. You obviously intend to do something!

My own decision to purchase a G6 was influenced in part by the desire to make the car my own through modification, so I completely understand where you are coming from. But sadly there are not a lot of true high performance mods commercially available for the G6. Hopefully there will be more in the not too distant future. But the limited choices of mods for the G6 early on didn't stop the early modders that are members of this site from coming up with their own exhaust systems, air intakes or some of the other very creative and functional mods of other kinds before those were commercially available.

I truly wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do next, and I applaud your individuality.

Have fun, and good luck!
                        SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                        Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                        CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                        Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Wow, you guys are making it sound so dramatic! Thanks for the input though. Looks like most of the votes are going for nitrous oxide and the neons (which like I said, were the only ones I was seriously considering) so I'll take that as a good sign.

I've been against nitrous oxide most of my car loving life... it is kind of fake power I guess... but feel like giving it a shot for some reason (no pun intended)

Comment

None
                            "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

Tough call... The nitrous would be a good idea I guess, but I voted for the flip trunk because that seems pretty unique.

I guess if you were willing to add to the list then I'd throw in a custom paint job. Wonder what Foose would do

Anyways... The neons and air bags I relate more to like an old 70's caddy or something, and the lambo doors just seem like a big waste of money. I guess a lot of what would work best as far as style points would have a lot to do with the area you're in as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X