needed How to run wires though firewall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needed How to run wires though firewall

ok so ive got some neons on the out side and under the car that i want to put on a swich and run to the power...

whats the easiest way to run these? im not trying to do alot of work here but if i have to i will...

thanks all
    Blue Man Group
    Current Mods: tint 35% front & !5%back, Alpine Type E 2-12" subs w/ Rockford Fosgate P400 Amp &cap, Rockford Fosgate 6.5" and 6"X9", R1Concepts E-Line slotted/cross drilled Rotors w/ Pads and painted blue calipers, 6,000k flashtech HIDs, and chrome be gone...

Future Mods: GXP/AIT front bumper, LED tinted tails, modded painted headlights with halos, Rockford Fosgate 6"x9" in the back doors

Originally posted by danmccormick87
    gotta love iraq bootlegging

Re: needed How to run wires though firewall

i ran all my wires through an existing grommet on the driver side. it's above the pedals on the inside and below the brake system under the hood.

Comment

Its a real PITA, but there is a grommet that the main wiring harness runs through right above the drivers feet
      It is in the vicinity above the clutch pedal
      its pretty dang hard to get to tho, and when i did it, I taped my amp wire to a metal hanger that I had bent and straightened out in order to poke it through the grommet....

I would post pics, but Im at work...
      I'm sure others will chime in here shortly

My progression thread
      Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
      Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
      In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
      Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
      Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

can you have pics? im understand better with pics...lol
        Blue Man Group
        Current Mods: tint 35% front & !5%back, Alpine Type E 2-12" subs w/ Rockford Fosgate P400 Amp &cap, Rockford Fosgate 6.5" and 6"X9", R1Concepts E-Line slotted/cross drilled Rotors w/ Pads and painted blue calipers, 6,000k flashtech HIDs, and chrome be gone...

Future Mods: GXP/AIT front bumper, LED tinted tails, modded painted headlights with halos, Rockford Fosgate 6"x9" in the back doors

Comment

ok ill show up on my post alil later this is my bed time... lol
          jus got off work myself..haha
          Blue Man Group

Comment

Could these gromets fit powercables... as in battery cables?

Im wanting to do a battery relocate, for a future mod I have cooking up in my head...

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
            Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
            Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

bumpity bump bump...if there's any chance of pictures or any more info on running wires, that would be fantastic!
              Flickr-https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_second_helping/

Mods: Brembo Front Calipers Powder Coated Red-Drilled/Slotted Rotors- H&R 5mm Spacers- 18x8 TSW Jarama Wheels- Injen CAI- CRABS Heat Shield- OBX Catback Exhaust- Racingline Strut Bar- KYB Struts/Shocks- Eibach Lowering Springs- Black Eagle Eye Headlamps- DDM 5000k HID lows/fogs-Painted Side View Mirror Covers- All Polk Audio Speakers- Pioneer DoubleDin w/ DIC relocation to glovebox- Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler- Redline Hood Lifts

Comment

Originally posted by AVT5G6
                bumpity bump bump...if there's any chance of pictures or any more info on running wires, that would be fantastic!
                bump...anyone??
                Blue Man Group

Comment

I have a quarter inch or so hole drilled into my firewall. I had to do this due to my 0 gauge power wire for my system, so I just run all the wires through there and put some silicone sealant around the wires to keep out water. Works like a charm and so much easier than just messing around trying to find holes. If ya want it done for cheap, just got to an audio store, ask them if you can give them some cash to drill a hole in your firewall. Most will do it and for cheap!

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                  you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                  CarDomainMySpace

Comment

I have a quarter inch or so hole drilled into my firewall. I had to do this due to my 0 gauge power wire for my system, so I just run all the wires through there and put some silicone sealant around the wires to keep out water. Works like a charm and so much easier than just messing around trying to find holes. If ya want it done for cheap, just got to an audio store, ask them if you can give them some cash to drill a hole in your firewall. Most will do it and for cheap!
                    is it possible to do it yourself do you think? or is it too risky?
                    Flickr-https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_second_helping/

Mods: Brembo Front Calipers Powder Coated Red-Drilled/Slotted Rotors- H&R 5mm Spacers- 18x8 TSW Jarama Wheels- Injen CAI- CRABS Heat Shield- OBX Catback Exhaust- Racingline Strut Bar- KYB Struts/Shocks- Eibach Lowering Springs- Black Eagle Eye Headlamps- DDM 5000k HID lows/fogs-Painted Side View Mirror Covers- All Polk Audio Speakers- Pioneer DoubleDin w/ DIC relocation to glovebox- Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler- Redline Hood Lifts

Comment

prob too risky!!
                      Blue Man Group

Comment

no risky at all. its a piece of cake. just check where you drill and make sure theres nothing right behind the firewall where the hole will come through. i have drilled a 1/2" hole on both sides of the car. drivers and passengers, just make sure the path is clear and go for it
                        its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

Originally posted by rollin20s
                          no risky at all. its a piece of cake. just check where you drill and make sure theres nothing right behind the firewall where the hole will come through. i have drilled a 1/2" hole on both sides of the car. drivers and passengers, just make sure the path is clear and go for it
                          sweet thanks!!
                          Blue Man Group

Comment

Hmm, this should help.

Click here
                            Originally posted by determined419
                            G6P-Where the Sheriff always has a case of beer.....................................
                            in his system
                            Kyle M
                            Forum Administrator - G6 Performance Forums

Comment

Not really hard, just expensive to buy the bit if you don't have it already

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                              you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                              CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Working...
                              X