Third Brake Light Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Brake Light Removal

im going to get tint done this weekend and i want the place to do the whole back window and not cut out around the third light. just to make sure they did cover it all i was going to remove the third light for tthem so nothing gets messed up and it looks good. i looked it over and i cant really see where to start at. anybody done this or got any ideas?
    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

I'm pretty sure you have to remove the rear panels in the coupe, as well as the rear seats (they just pop out), then you'll have better access to the rear decklid where the brakelight is.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

When I had my car tinted a while ago to my surprise the company I used tinted the entire back window including the third brake light-I still to this day have no idea how they did it. I've tinkered back there before to try and figure out the infamous rattle we all know all too well and I can't figure out how anything comes out from the deck lid. Good luck.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

When I had mine done I hung around the tint shop and watched the guy do the install in my coupe.

He had to lay the back seats down, remove the C Post inside trim, remove the seatbelts, and then the entire rear deck (don't forget to unplug the brake light when you are pulling the deck out). It took him almost 4 hours to do the whole car, and it cost me $235 for the install. A lot of members here have paid less, but I am very happy with the results. It's a major job in very tight quarters! With all the black lines and the defroster on the rear window, you need some serious skills to get the tint to lay flat with no bubbles. I am so glad I decided to have it done professionally, I could never have done it as well as this guy did.

Good luck!
        SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
        Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
        CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
        Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

cool sounds like ive got a pretty good idea of what i need to do. thanks yall
          '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Just got my 6 tinted. Of course, I have a sedan with the spoiler, so my third brakelight is back there. Yet another reason why sedans pwn coupes. Muhahaha!!
            I'M A TURNHUG6ER!

Comment

Originally posted by wvleadfoot78
              Just got my 6 tinted. Of course, I have a sedan with the spoiler, so my third brakelight is back there. Yet another reason why sedans pwn coupes. Muhahaha!!
              Your sedan sure doesn't pwn this coupe!
              2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
              Forge Motorsports BPV
              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
              HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                Originally posted by wvleadfoot78
                Your sedan sure doesn't pwn this coupe!
                Or any GTP Coupe for that matter..

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Ah, just you wait till I get my new pics up. :P
                  I'M A TURNHUG6ER!

Comment

them sound like fighting words!

Originally posted by TLS2000
                    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

I paid 205 for my tint and it took them 2 hours to complete the full car-great company here in AZ will do any darkness you want. AutoStyles kick AZZZZ.
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i have a buddy working at a tint place in dallas so i called him up yesterday and he's getting me Lumar Formula 1 tint (some expensive stuff) which around here in houston the best quote i could find was 300 even, he's gettin it for me for 130 bucks cash. and a promise to do my audio with the shop this winter when i get the money. and THEY are going to remove my brake light/decklid so i dont even have to touch it afterall.

everyone thinks im crazy driving 5 and a half hours to get tint but hey im saving 170 buck and only paying like 50 for the gas so i'd say its still a deal
                        '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Originally posted by G6cpM6
                          i have a buddy working at a tint place in dallas so i called him up yesterday and he's getting me Lumar Formula 1 tint (some expensive stuff) which around here in houston the best quote i could find was 300 even, he's gettin it for me for 130 bucks cash. and a promise to do my audio with the shop this winter when i get the money. and THEY are going to remove my brake light/decklid so i dont even have to touch it afterall.

everyone thinks im crazy driving 5 and a half hours to get tint but hey im saving 170 buck and only paying like 50 for the gas so i'd say its still a deal
                          what if you have an issue with your tint peeling stuff like that then you gotta make that drive every time if you have a problem
                          My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Originally posted by ginuwine
                            Originally posted by G6cpM6

what if you have an issue with your tint peeling stuff like that then you gotta make that drive every time if you have a problem
                            haha yeah good call. i thought about that but kinda pushed it aside lol. ill be in college station in a couple weeks so thats only about a 2.5 hour drive from there and so far its lookin good i think itll be alright. the shop i got it done at is very reputable in the area. they do about 7 dealerships tint jobs so they know whats up. thanks for the concern though cause i definately would hate doin that drive. actually id just get it fixed aroudn here cause it would probably be more expensive payin for the gas.
                            '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Working...
                            X