GM and Chrysler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM and Chrysler

I really don't understand the matter at all. GM can't come to an agreement with its bond holders or unions; unions won't budge from their stand. If they don't reach an agreement soon GM will go into bankruptcy and Chrysler will neither reach an agreement with Fiat, nor will they get any government money in Canada or the U.S.
    It seems the hard line unionist would prefer to (a) lose all jobs (b) don't give a s**t for those already on pensions and (c) are ignorant of the fallout in other industries and the economy in general. Hundreds of thousands of people will be affected and cities will lose too.
    I am aware that it is a difficult situation but this is it! There are no more chances to save the car industry in North America or keep what jobs can be saved and hope that GM can rebuild its status and hire more people in the future.
    GTPdriver
    G. Stephen Day

Re: GM and Chrysler

From Allpar.com

Saying there is now only a 50 percent chance that an alliance will be formed, Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne says the Italian automaker may abandon the proposed partnership unless the unions agree to substantial cost reductions.

“Absolutely we are prepared to walk,” Marchionne said in an interview published yesterday on the website of Canada’s Globe and Mail. “We cannot commit to this organization unless we see light at the end of the tunnel.”

Marchionne was most critical of the Canadian Auto Workers saying they have taken “more rigid positions.” He said the unions need to realize that the U.S. and Canadian governments are the lenders of last resort.

Marchionne went on to say there is no “Plan B” if the Chrysler alliance falls through. He said Fiat is not interested buying Saturn from GM or picking up Chrysler assets from liquidation sale.
    Man! I was really looking forward to some sweet Fiat Cars!

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
    Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
    Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

i guess this is just how stupid these unions are....

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
      PSN: racin247
      Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

It would be nice to have some funky Fiat cars running around.

Comment

i read the govements started prepping for chryslers bankrupcy

on a side note. ive heard that Ford took out bank loans to stay afloat so they look liked the heros by not taking government money. but now the loans they took out are comming due and they wont be able to pay them. anyone heard that?

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

It is too bad that all of North America will pay for mistakes the Unions are making.

I absolutely hate all unions, and they are the ones causing this, I will take a pay cut and start looking for a better job elsewhere long before I would stand up for my wage and LOSE my job
            2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
            2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
            1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
              i read the govements started prepping for chryslers bankrupcy

on a side note. ive heard that Ford took out bank loans to stay afloat so they look liked the heros by not taking government money. but now the loans they took out are comming due and they wont be able to pay them. anyone heard that?
              The New York Times, which has a nearly unsullied record of incorrect automotive predictions, released a rumor that Chrysler is preparing for a potential bankruptcy filing. This article came weeks after it was reported that GM and Chrysler had both been directed by the government to prepare a bankruptcy contingency plan, and amid spirited negotiations between Chrysler and its lenders and unions.
              And check this Out....

"German labor boss says Fiat may take over Opel"

Klaus Franz, works council chairman and deputy chairman of the supervisory board of Adam Opel AG, told the German press agency DPA the Fiat SpA plans to take a controlling interest in GM’s European brands. GM want to split off its Opel and Vauxhall lines and is looking for someone willing to make an investment.

Both Fiat and General Motors refused to comment on Franz’s statement.

This does not mean the end of Fiat’s proposed alliance with Chrysler. Fiat executives were already considering a move on Opel in addition to the Chrysler deal as Sergio Marchionne looks to put together what would be the world’s third-largest automaker after Volkswagen and Toyota.

While Fiat is expected to announce a sizable operating loss for the last quarter, the Italian automaker could raise as much as $13 billion through the sales of its CNH and Iveco holdings.
              Fiat FTW... AND AUTOMOTIVE DOMINATION!

EDIT: Source - Allpar.com

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
              Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
              Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

i saw that....

would be nice if someone gets the damn opel insignia opc over here..i love how that think looks, awd, 325hp i think...

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
                PSN: racin247
                Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Working...
                X