Cobalt LS clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobalt LS clutch

...i know it's not a g6, so wasn't sure of the section to post. move if necessary please.

My friend has a cobalt LS with a 5spd manual.

His clutch is going badly..like slipping in and out of gear really badly, so im thinking the pressure plate is gone...

was wondering if any of the tech guys (ahuhn and such) could shoot me some part numbers for a full kit to replace the clutch pressure plate and anything else you think might be going.

I think my friend said, a clutch kit from the dealer was $1600 minus labor, so i was thinking maybe he can get it cheaper from gmparts warehouse or gmparts direct or something.

Thanks guys

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
    PSN: racin247
    Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Re: Cobalt LS clutch

Description Year MSRP Price Your Price
    Pressure plate, cobalt, 2.0l 05-07 $220.86 $130.93

Pressure plate, cobalt, 2.2l, 2.4l 05-09 $246.27 $146.01

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
    I'm open to other ideas that'll make my car sick awesome super deluxe pro-friggin BOOYAH yo, as long as they're cheap.

Comment

that's just the pressure plate though...i think he wanted a whole kit...either way, for $382, autoparts warehouse has a sachs kit....i think he might be going with that

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Comment

Here's the part #'s I came up with. For the 2.2 the clutch kit which includes the pressure plate and disc is 12582698 and the t/out bearing is 12582666. For the 2.0 it's 24239996 for the kit and 24242805 for the bearing.

Comment

Alright thanks guys.

i'll let my friend know.

Comment

Working...
          X