• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM is retarded again

REPORT: GM already has nearly two year supply of Pontiac G3

by Chris Paukert on Apr 14th, 2009 at 12:59PM

2009 Pontiac G3

In news that will doubtlessly result in a chorus of "We told you so" forehead-slaps from critics who noted the arrival of the Pontiac G3 with disdain, word is that General Motors has a bumper crop of the Korean-built subcompacts sitting on its lots.

How many? According to The Wall Street Journal, nearly a two-year supply at current sales rates. In the course of doing some research, writer Neal Boudette discovered that GM has 3,479 unsold G3 units clogging up its dealers and vacant lots. Combined with the knowledge that dealers sold just 141 units of the car in March (or one unit for every 19 of GM's 2,700 Pontiac stores), that means that GM has a supply of these Chevrolet Aveo5 twins that will last them 617 days, meaning that if the automaker stopped building new units, they would still have a supply that would last them until December 16, 2010.

In all fairness, the G3 just came to market in February, and it often takes some time for a new model to take hold. It could well be that GM is planning a big marketing push for the car, but we've seen no evidence of this thus far, and in these cash-strapped days, it would appear that the General probably has bigger-margin fish to fry.

http://www.autoblog.com/page/3/ scroll down to the appropriate article

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
    PSN: racin247
    Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Re: GM is retarded again

Nice 18"s a nice intake that car is balling.

But GM is sooooooo screwed!!
    MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

I think its ugly but it would appeal during this economic crisis to alot of people.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
      Originally posted by [i
      Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

never in my garage
        done: CRAB CAB woot woot!, aftermarket black taillights, chrome upper recessed grilles, dual rear valance and gt-r exhaust system, duplicolor red painted calipers with R1 concept e-line drilled and slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic brake pads all around
        to do (soon): window tint
        to do, maybe (later): painted headlights, color matched recessed grilles
        need: g6performance.com decals
        cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687601 *not yet updated with the new g6*

Comment

Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
          I <3 Cody.

No homo.
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
            I think its ugly but it would appeal during this economic crisis to alot of people.
            good point it will apply to alot of ppl who cant afford nicer cars. So i love how ppl frown on a company that is try to be versatile in that area to serve the whole public and not just the wealthy. But the image of what you would expect is what makes it look so bad.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
            Show
            -20% tint
            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

begin rant

THAT CAR IS THE BIGGEST PICE OF CRAP EVER. THE FACE THEY WERE STUPID ENOUGH TO REBAGE AN AVEO SHOULD GET EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THAT FIRED. AND THE THING IS THAT THEY DONT APEAL DURRING THESE TOUGH TIMES. THESE FUKING PICES OF CRAP ARE LIKE $17K NO CRAP THERE NOT SELLING. ESPECIALY WHEN YOU CAN GET A COBALT FOR LIKE THE SMAE PRICE

END rant

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

...bravo...
                done: CRAB CAB woot woot!, aftermarket black taillights, chrome upper recessed grilles, dual rear valance and gt-r exhaust system, duplicolor red painted calipers with R1 concept e-line drilled and slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic brake pads all around
                to do (soon): window tint
                to do, maybe (later): painted headlights, color matched recessed grilles
                need: g6performance.com decals
                cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687601 *not yet updated with the new g6*

Comment

When even in Canada, where small cars usually sell like hotcakes, they need to push them out for about $9200 CAD each, there's seriously something wrong.

My friend has a previous-gen one on lease, the door panel is falling off. Literally. Even me being a GM advocate for most part is telling people to stay away from this POS.

If you're in the market for something like this, do yourself a favour and go buy a Nissan Versa.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                  2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                  Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                    When even in Canada, where small cars usually sell like hotcakes, they need to push them out for about $9200 CAD each, there's seriously something wrong.

My friend has a previous-gen one on lease, the door panel is falling off. Literally. Even me being a GM advocate for most part is telling people to stay away from this POS.

If you're in the market for something like this, do yourself a favour and go buy a Nissan Versa.
                    i've always been against GM bringing that daewoo crap over here. i think that part of their restructuring should have been to shut down or sell of that daewoo plant and bring the subcompact assembly back over here...or at least to canada or something...
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Eh 3500 units is not alot...

They will start selling, as much as they are ugly and crappy, all it takes is some 16 yr old girl to say oh thats so cute to daddy and its gone, because hey 10k and you just bought your daughters love (joking guys,, too many spoiled ass kids here)

People will buy aveos, and people will buy these, im sure SOME people will like them, and with that kind of warranty, and selling that cheap, i should buy them up for my rental fleet, not my problem if shit breaks, just ditch it at the dealer and move on
                      2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                      2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                      1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

I know some people who own Aveos. All they care about is to pay as little as possible for the car and as little as possible at the pump. Do they like their cars? No. But being cheap and saving money makes them happy. They won't spend a few grand more for a Honda Fit or a Pontiac Vibe which are 10X better than the POS Aveo.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish

i've always been against GM bringing that daewoo crap over here. i think that part of their restructuring should have been to shut down or sell of that daewoo plant and bring the subcompact assembly back over here...or at least to canada or something...
                          Well I wouldn't say ALL of the stuff is crap, we'll have to see what the Cruze looks like in person. That car originated as a Daewoo but badged as Chevy first.
                          <-- Gray G6? Click!
                          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish

Well I wouldn't say ALL of the stuff is crap, we'll have to see what the Cruze looks like in person. That car originated as a Daewoo but badged as Chevy first.
                            it's technically the new lacetti..a daewoo like the top gear reasonably priced car. although in europe it's a chevy lacetti (the old one) and in korea, the new one is lacetti.

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
                            PSN: racin247
                            Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Working...
                            X