Clear All

• RacingLine Street Ed. Motor Mounts

Name: Motor Mounts
    Brand: RacingLine Street Ed.
    Price: $56.75
    Purchased From: http://www.racinglineperformance.com

Installation: 7
    Installation Time: Front - 45 min. / Back - 3 hours
    Any Installation Tips You Have: On the 3.6L, you have to remove all the extra brackets from the motor mount then pull the mount through the wheel well. A stubby ratcheting wrench comes in handy on the back.

Quality of Part: 9
    Product Performance: 10
    Would you Recommend to Others: Absolutely!!!

Any Other Comments:

Vibrations - I get slightly more vibrations in the steering wheel when idling. I haven't really noticed anything other than that. Although, I haven't had it on the highway since I put the rear one it, so I can't speak as to lower RPM besides idle at a stop light.

This has been the best $50 I've spent on performance yet. I noticed an immediate difference on hard acceleration. Shifting is smoother at all RPM's and seat of pants definitely tells me I'm getting a more instantaneous torque to the wheels. It just seems more responsive. I wish I had done this last year Nice job to RacingLine and Taz for making a great product.
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Re: RacingLine Street Ed. Motor Mounts

how was that backside install??

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

I would love to get this for my car..im just not sure i should install it myself..atleast not the back mount, considering ive never done engine work or anything before..how much do you think it would cost to have the back mount installed for me?

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
        how was that backside install??
        Honestly, the biggest pain in the ass was getting the bolts back in. They didn't want to align right. It took about 3 hours excluding a 45 minute break in the middle. I've done harder stuff, but I wouldn't want to do this again. At least, not a 3.6L because there is absolutely no room due to the rear exhaust manifold.

Comment

Don't know...but the only thing about the back mount is that you have to be patient--it will take time, but it's not something that is easy to screw up--especially since I already posted directions.

And yes, as Black and Tan said...you have to remove a lot of bracing from the mount to get it out, and back in, but if you're patient and realize that it will take a bit of time (and procure a stubby rachet) you'll be fine.

If you know someone that is good at the stuff in your area, that you can bribe with fermented hops, malt, and barley; ask them to give you a hand.

B&T: Hopefully you found my instructions for the 3.6. I remember having to fly solo and figure it out on this since mine was the test platform for the 3.6/6AT.
          "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
          ~~GWAR's description of Hell
          Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Originally posted by asquril
            I would love to get this for my car..im just not sure i should install it myself..atleast not the back mount, considering ive never done engine work or anything before..how much do you think it would cost to have the back mount installed for me?
            Really, I'm a fairly novice self wrench. As for difficulty, I wouldn't say it's any harder than putting in a new starter or alternator. Just remove the bolts and manuever the thing out, pop the mount insert in and get the mount back in.

If you can do more than change the oil on your car, you can do this.

As for paying somebody. It would probably be between 1 - 2 hours of labor so $70 - $150 bucks at a dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by LordKOTL
              B&T: Hopefully you found my instructions for the 3.6. I remember having to fly solo and figure it out on this since mine was the test platform for the 3.6/6AT.
              Yeah, I saw your post and it helped. Instead of 5 hours, it only took 3 hours haha (I too went at it by myself). I just wish my 18 mm ratcheting wrentch was like 1/2 in shorter because I could have used it for almost the whole thing. The hardest part was getting at the center bolt holding in the mount through the middle. I was completely on top of the engine to get at this damn thing. Doesn't help that I'm only 5'8" so my arms are kinda short. All in all, not the worst thing I've every done.

P.S. Saw your article in the Pontaic Mag. Nice shot of the ride!

Comment

Where did you guys jack up your engine?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
                  Originally posted by LordKOTL
                  Yeah, I saw your post and it helped. Instead of 5 hours, it only took 3 hours haha (I too went at it by myself). I just wish my 18 mm ratcheting wrentch was like 1/2 in shorter because I could have used it for almost the whole thing. The hardest part was getting at the center bolt holding in the mount through the middle. I was completely on top of the engine to get at this damn thing. Doesn't help that I'm only 5'8" so my arms are kinda short. All in all, not the worst thing I've every done.

P.S. Saw your article in the Pontaic Mag. Nice shot of the ride!
                  Thanks! I thought the shot and the article turned out great. Helped having a photographer that, like me, wanted to capture a more ominous, gloomy essence of Seattle and Skaði than, as he put it, a "Martha Stewart" clean cut image. Plus, the Susan, who wrote the article, penned it perfectly . Was hell to prep Skaði, though. We just had one hell of a lingering snowstorm (Seattle, this is uncommon), and I did a full-on detail job in 36 degree weather (no garage) and further touchups once I arrived on the beach. Lucky for me it was just cloudy and cold, no water on the pavement.

Being about 6-0 helped a bit for reaching around and into things, but if I could only couple that with smaller hands it would have helped. Still, worth. every. penny.

Mike: looking under the engine, i saw what looked like a "seam" that was obviously the joining point between the engine and transmission. I put the jack under there, and just *barely* jacked it enough to take the pressure off the mounts.
                  "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                  ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                  Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
                    Where did you guys jack up your engine?
                    For the front, I jacked it from the seam between the engine and the tranny. For the back, I didn't jack it up at all and I think I paid the price for the because it took soo freaking long to get the bolts aligned with the holes again. However, I probably could have jacked it up from the same spot. It really only take about 5mm else you'll put too much pressure on the bolts.

Comment

holy shit you did the back without jacking at all?! poor choice... or an extremely brave man...

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
                        holy shit you did the back without jacking at all?! poor choice... or an extremely brave man...
                        Well, reading my other post one guy said the the side mounts actually hold the engine up and the front back just keep it from bucking when it was running. I figured I'd see if he was right, and he was. Kinda brave, kinda stupid. Although it can technically be done without jacking, I wouldn't do it that way again. I'd use a jack to help align the holes better

Comment

i'm just saying it was near fucking impossible for me to tighten my bolts without the jack at the right height

you might have more braces though

Comment

do you get any vibrations or anything like that?
                            07 G6 GTP Disc Italia Rotors, Custom Wheels, Hid's, and Eibach Pro Kit

Comment

I know that these mounts make a huge difference in the feel of the car, but I wonder if the mounts would give you more power on a dyno. I'm thinkin that it could let you get more power to the wheels. BTW, I don't have the mounts...yet.....Right before I found out about these I promised myself I'd stop spending money on my car.
                              sigpic
                              Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Working...
                              X