Car was backed into, need help fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car was backed into, need help fixing

Ok, just a little backstory, last night i was at my gf's house and i had pulled in behind her brothers jeep. He left to go to the store after a little bit, and did not see my car and backed into my car. At first glance it looked like my pontiac emblem was cracked all over, and my grills where bent and popping out.

At second glance today after removing the grills, the clip locations on the bumper for the grills are broke, (as in there is a tear in the bumber clip location), only noticeable once the grills are out, but its causing them not to go back in properly, the actual clips on the outer grills are broke off in a few places, the energy absorber is broken, and i have paint damage running about 4 inches below the pontiac emblem to about the top of the emblem.

Not sure if I am going to go the insurance route since the parts in total for everything (minus new bumper) is only 195.24 from gm parts direct.

This is the list so far
    Emblem 23.64
    Energy absorber 84.72
    Trim rings left and right 22.78 each
    grill left and right 20.66 each

If I go ahead and replace the parts myself does anybody have any idea on how easy/hard it is to replace the energy absorber? It looks pretty straight forward, just remove the front bumper and replace. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    2007 G6 GT Coupe 3.9L 6 speed MT
    -Custom CAI

"All I wanted me was a little cornbread you motherf**kers! All I wanted me was a little cornbread"

Re: Car was backed into, need help fixing

Update

My gf's bro is calling his ins company to see about getting it fixed. In all reality, I really should probaby get the front bumper replaced. So we'll see how well this works out. I still may end up doing alot of the work myself.
    -Custom CAI

"All I wanted me was a little cornbread you motherf**kers! All I wanted me was a little cornbread"

Comment

Dont forget paint....and shipping on the parts. insurance route is prolly best.
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Yeah, it may cost him some money but it was his mistake.. don't let his sister being your GF matter too.
        (Time to invest in a body kit!)

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
        Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

if you need one of the silver rings, let me know, i think i have the passenger side on intact and no use for it

Comment

similar thing happened to me. but very little damage. is insurance being good to you.
            28% Tint on Rear, 15% on Front, Red interior led's with music interface, Red underglow, Red LED licsense plate bolts, Racing pedals, Custom Windshield decal "G6performanceracing", plus same decals on side rear windows, Special Debadge, MRZ Performance Engine dress up caps, ZZ Performance Strut Tower, Custom Diamond plate Engine Cover, 6000K HIDs lows, Poons Crab Intake, Racingline MMIEibach Springs, Resonator delete

Comment

still waiting on them to call.
              -Custom CAI

Comment

how long has it been. it took me a couple hours
                28% Tint on Rear, 15% on Front, Red interior led's with music interface, Red underglow, Red LED licsense plate bolts, Racing pedals, Custom Windshield decal "G6performanceracing", plus same decals on side rear windows, Special Debadge, MRZ Performance Engine dress up caps, ZZ Performance Strut Tower, Custom Diamond plate Engine Cover, 6000K HIDs lows, Poons Crab Intake, Racingline MMIEibach Springs, Resonator delete

Comment

Working...
                X