Weekend Project(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Project(s)

Alright, so i was driving down the road today..and a rock hit my windshield, and put a nice crack in it..so now im getting the insurance to replace the windshield saturday morning.

Since this happened it put me in the fixing/ modding mood, so i decided that i was gona attempt to fix all the scratchs that have accumulated on the car so far this year.. So i decided that along with fixing the scratchs im gona paint my calipers red, and attempt to paint my engine covers!

So I went out and bought some Dupli color auto spray black(for the back bumper) , Dupli color Red Caliper Paint, and then a small bottle of Universal Black Scratch fix 2in1

What do you guys think about painting the rotors red as well? The caliper paint says it will work on rotors, so i was wondering what your guys opinion would be on painting the calipers and the rotors red..how do you think it would look? my cars black, stock rims.

and yes i know i know,
    ..ill get you some pictures of the areas im gona try and fix, along with some of the car in general, a little later today as soon as i can get ahold of my friends camera.

oh and i also ordered the car bra today so it should be in sometime early next week, ill get pictures as soon as i get it on!

Re: Weekend Project(s)

red will look good on a black car. I went with black calipers but thats just what i'm going for...all black

you aren't planning on painting your entire rotor right? u can paint the parts that aren't near the pads
    2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
    Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
    Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
    Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

haha i wasnt planing on painting the rotors at all, but the bottle says it works on the rotors so i was just wondering if it actually worked or would be ok to do lol

another question, when painting the break calipers, how long should i let them dry before i put the wheels back on and start driving? lol

Comment

yeah you can, i painted some on my rotors....
        viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17970&hilit=+black+painted+cal ipers

the top part of the rotors would look good painted as well, i just never got around to it
        2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
        Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
        Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
        Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Working...
        X