headlight bulb replacement 2005 gt - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight bulb replacement 2005 gt - please help

please help, is there an easier way to change the headlight bulb on the 2005 g6 gt?

the first time i had one go out, the oil change guy took off nearly the whole front cap.

thanks,

Re: headlight bulb replacement 2005 gt - please help

sorry there is no other way...

the headlight assembly has to come out

Comment

no easy replacement i broke one on the driver side. had to buy a new one $$$$$

Comment

thanks, i felt like an idiot for not being able to find an easier way.

also, thanks for not bashing me for not searching or something.

Comment

Comment

I am having the same issue. I have an 05 GT and the driver's side headlamp is out. Tried to remove the assembly and it will not detach. However, I got it far eough piut to determine the assembly is sealed and ther is no way to get to the bulb! DO I have to split the lens? What am I missing? The bulb I bought is a Sylvannia H11. But it is obvously different than what is in the car! The cross reference book listed ths bulb, but it is nothing like the small bulb that is in the car!

Is this GMC's way of getting me to buy a new car!?

Comment

Originally posted by cobra1365 View Post
              Tried to remove the assembly and it will not detach. However, I got it far eough piut to determine the assembly is sealed and ther is no way to get to the bulb! DO I have to split the lens?
              Pull harder?
              The bulb come out the back, so unless you get the assembly out, that bulb aint coming out either

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

lows are H9 and highs are H7 if im not mistaken
                Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by killiger2009 View Post
                  lows are H9 and highs are H7 if im not mistaken
                  Highs are H9, lows are H11 as per manual

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

thers a dust cover you have to take off to finaly access the bulb once you get it out.

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

my 05 GT was a PITA to get the headlights out the first time.. but they DO come out.. the correct bulbs are H11 for lows and fogs, and H9 for highs..

there is a post on the signal side of the headlight that is 'snapped' into a plastic grommet.. you have to really get at it to get it out.. but there is no other way..

somewhere here on the site is a detailed how-to if you need further information

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

The key is to get the side nearest the turn lamp out. It's a connector in the corner as shown here.

You have to get the side of the headlight nearest the middle of the car out past the front fascia or plastic bumper. Then it takes some force to pop out the side.

Hope this helps

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                        - JL 1000.1 Amp
                        - JL 12" W7
                        - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

OK, thanks guys...I'll keep tugging and pulling!

Comment

Finally got it! Used a LONG Phillips head screwdriver to pry with. Made sure the tip of the screwdriver was well past the bayonet fastener so as to distribute the force across a broader area. Popped right out.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                            X