Car bras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car bras

alright so i know everyone thinks they are ugly..but, i have a black coupe and over the winter i put up pictures of the hole that got put in my bumper after being hit by a chunk of ice going down the highway..so i was wondering how do you think a car bra would look on a black coupe? i figured it cant look too bad considering the cars black, so it should match somewhat...

also

I wanna get touch up paint for my back bumper, cuz i have some nasty scratches from where ive been hit by ppl backing outa parking spots..so i was wondering what else will i need to put the touch up paint on the car? will i need to get a bottle of clear coat also? or anything else?

Re: Car bras

should look fine.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
      should look fine.
      As far as the chips in your bumper go, regular auto touch up paint should do the trick without the need for any other stuff

Comment

well..these arnt chips..these are some scratch marks from where ive been hit by ppl backing outa their parking spots..i know atleast 1 of them is down to the primer..

Comment

I had a bra on my 85 Chevy Cavalier to help protect the front end from stone chips. I had it nice and tight. Took it off one day because was tired of it. Front end of car paint was completely destroyed. The paint on the bumper, hood and fenders was faded and just ruined beyond belief. Good luck with it if you get one

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

I wish I had a clear bra on my car, My front end is rock chipped to hell along with my hood. They should match up with no problem, minus the hood. Most of the bras only cover half of the hood which you can tell. If you can get a complete layer to place over the hood, it should match up and you cant really tell.

As for the touch up paint, its enamel gloss paint so no clear coat is required.

Another option is just to get it repainted and park out all the way out there.
            Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

I like my cars how i like My women

Braless

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
              I'm open to other ideas that'll make my car sick awesome super deluxe pro-friggin BOOYAH yo, as long as they're cheap.

Comment

I've got a 2007 G-6 (GTP) Black - and live in Florida. I put a bra on it for love bug season, but took it off immediately after, for the same reason the one post said...worry about screwing up the paint job. may put it on next spring again for love bug season, but no longer than i have to. The bugs are worse on the paint job than the bra is, if you aren't able to wash them off immediately, On a black car, the bra doesn't look bad at all.

Comment

My uncle got the 3M clear sticky bra put on his mustang. It's nice the only thing you can sorta see is the line of where it stops. It won't help with a huge ice chunk coming at the car but it should help for the chips and scratches. I'm thinking about getting one considering how my paint is getting chipped almost everywhere and I'm driving the car alot on highways.

heres a link to a place near me that does it but could give you a sense of what it is.

http://www.acapfilms.com/
                  Official Lawbreaker of the SWO

06 G6 Coupe.
                  MODS: Custom Flowmaster 80 exhaust, De-badged, MP racing intake, GM strut bar. 40% tint all around. Painted dart and battery cover. R1 premium drilled-slotted brakes front and rear. I think that is it but who knows what I will find and want to add to the car.

Comment

Alright thanks for all the input guys..the reason i want the car bra is just to cover up that damn hole in my front bumper, plus i have found that ive gotten alot of chips and stuff so hopefully it will help with all that too. But i went looking around and I came across this from GM. Take a look and let me know what you think, and will i have to worry about this bra messing up my paint??

http://gmaccessoriesstore.com/front-cov ... 46_465_475

Comment

Well since in the end im sure you'd ultimately like to replace your bumper, check out RockAuto
                      I've been looking at their parts for a while now, at theyre MUCH cheaper than going to the dealership
                      a member just bought a front bumper cover from them
                      viewtopic.php?f=28&t=24610

My progression thread
                      Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                      Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                      In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                      Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                      Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Yeah ive been keeping up with that topic, but i really dont have the money to replace the bumper completely...but thank you. If i can get the money some time soon i do plan on useing rock auto to get a new bumper..but till then, its gona have to be a car bra..specially with the ohio meet coming up here soon.

Comment

I really really like clear bras....not sure on cars though.
                          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

hahaha well a clear bar isn't going to help hide the hole in my front bumper..

Comment

Originally posted by asquril
                              Alright thanks for all the input guys..the reason i want the car bra is just to cover up that damn hole in my front bumper, plus i have found that ive gotten alot of chips and stuff so hopefully it will help with all that too. But i went looking around and I came across this from GM. Take a look and let me know what you think, and will i have to worry about this bra messing up my paint??

http://gmaccessoriesstore.com/front-cov ... 46_465_475
                              Dont worry about it messing up your paint.
                              It should be fine.
                              Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Working...
                              X