Finally used the clay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally used the clay!

I finally got to use my clay bar thanks to Meguiars!

Its way to dark out to see how it worked. But I will say while using the clay I could easily see the industrial fall out (little orange dots) just fade away!!

Ill try to get pics but I just had to say this stuff is awesome and I haven't even seen it in the sunlight
    2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Premium Edition
    2.0 Turbo 5-Speed Automatic
    Tsukuba Red

Re: Finally used the clay!

Point me in the direction of this product please.
    ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
      Walmart. They have the meguiars clay kit. I swear it makes your car's paint feel like new.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

what excatly is a clay bar?? and what does it do??

Comment

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_d ... =MEG+G1016
          2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Premium Edition
          2.0 Turbo 5-Speed Automatic
          Tsukuba Red

Comment

Originally posted by asquril
            what excatly is a clay bar?? and what does it do??
            it's...a bar of clay. literally. and it takes contaminants out of your paint.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

it pulls allthe small dirt that you cant get off with just washing. it leaves a baby smooth finish. throw two coats of wax on it when your done...........BEAUTIFUL

i do it twice a year
              its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
                You should've picked some up at the Meguiar's stall back in the autoshow...

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+C2000

I got this for $15 there. And you'll need a good detailer spray as lubricant, Wal-Mart has the Quik Detailer $7 clearance.

That's why I go on a pilgrimage to the stall every year...
                <-- Gray G6? Click!
                2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

100% the clay bar made a huge difference on the car. it went from feeling like sand paper to feeling like a smooth piece of glass. i used the Meguiar's Clay Bar and for lubricant i used Meguiar's Instant Detailer

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                  Originally posted by ahuhn
                  so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

I have heard nothing but good about this stuff, and meguiars in general. just wish I could afford it, since the complex I live has so many damn pine trees there is no where to park that you arent under at least one.

White dont hide tree sap to well, thats for sure.

AJ
                    De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
                    Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
                    Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
                    My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

its not that bad in price for the kit $20
                      Meguiar’s

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

FAQ about Clay Bar

Comment

definately recommend the miguire's clay bar!
                          done: CRAB CAB woot woot!, aftermarket black taillights, chrome upper recessed grilles, dual rear valance and gt-r exhaust system, duplicolor red painted calipers with R1 concept e-line drilled and slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic brake pads all around
                          to do (soon): window tint
                          to do, maybe (later): painted headlights, color matched recessed grilles
                          need: g6performance.com decals
                          cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687601 *not yet updated with the new g6*

Comment

My cuz just turned me onto the clay bars a couple days ago, does anyone know if it would take off fine scratches too? I need to use it cuz we have a massive pine tree outside our house and everyones car gets sap on them. It would be kind of nice if it took care of them too though. Anyone have a certain wax they would recommend, I would rather get the one I spray on because I am a little lazy. I might be going out and picking up a kit this weekend, so it would be nice to know before then, thanks.
                            2008 G6 gray sedan
                            GM door badges removed other then that stock still, but I have removed the rear head rests and flipped the fronts(just did not like them, I'm short) and I do think it looks better
                            Hopefully I will get something else done to it eventually

Comment

The Clay bar wont help with scratches, it just removes all the caked on gunk you didn't even know you had.

I remember the first time I bought that Meguires Clay Bar Kit. Opened the big box to find this little bar of clay. I was like, "WTF Mate?" But, that's all you need!

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
                              Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
                              Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

Working...
                              X