Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trunk lettering debadged, relocated just for fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk lettering debadged, relocated just for fun.

Well today I officially removed the lettering from the trunk. I'm not too sure about the Pontiac emblem, I think it looks good there by itself. The trunk looks kind of plain without it. I might even move it down a few inches.

Anyway, here are some pics of it, along with the lettering in a few places if anybody wants any ideas on what they would look like somewhere else.
    What do you think?

And here's the lettering in various places:

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

I was thinking about getting another set and doing what you did to the doors...

Looks good though!

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to debadge but now that I see the pics I just might take those letters off, looks good man. Maybe you could use the letters to accents something inside the car like the dash or something-just an idea.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I got rid of all the letters except for the GTP. Thinking about removing them too. Got rid of the pontiac emblem too. I would post pics, but I don't have a host for them.
        Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
        GT-R Exhaust System
        K&N Typhoon CAB
        EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
        EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

I'm digging the GTP on the fender!! I don't like any combinations on the trunklid.. looks out of place and cluttered. I ripped all mine off today (again) I jus tmight get me another GT badge and stick them on the fender (I like to copy )
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by MDMAS13
            I got rid of all the letters except for the GTP. Thinking about removing them too. Got rid of the pontiac emblem too. I would post pics, but I don't have a host for them.
            I use photobucket, it's free and easy to use for links and such.

As for removing the emblems, that's the next mod. I did that to the Zed and loved the the look of it. Just gotta find some time.
            Originally posted by Lampoon
            I dub your car.....The Red Hot Chili Pepper!!
            '06 GTP with Tapshift.

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
              I'm digging the GTP on the fender!! I don't like any combinations on the trunklid.. looks out of place and cluttered. I ripped all mine off today (again) I jus tmight get me another GT badge and stick them on the fender (I like to copy )
              Yea, I also had it on the door too, just above the side molding. Forgot to take a pic though lol. That looked pretty cool.

Mike
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I like the G6 at the end of the moulding whre that dumb ass GM badge was. TYhat looks sick, too.

One idea... place the G6 emblem in the mid lower corner beyond the door in teh big lower empty void of space (if that makes any sense). I've been thinking about getting a couple G6 logos made in vinyl (about 6"x6") and putting them their.

Example:

As you can see--- I am the photoshop MASTER!

Comment

haha that photochop is friggin sweet. Seriously. Definitely laughed my ass off....everyone here at work just looked over at me. I like it when other people don't know what kind of car it is. And I like it even better, when I don't tell them.
                  Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
                  GT-R Exhaust System
                  K&N Typhoon CAB
                  EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
                  EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

Originally posted by MDMAS13
                    haha that photochop is friggin sweet. Seriously. Definitely laughed my ass off....everyone here at work just looked over at me. I like it when other people don't know what kind of car it is. And I like it even better, when I don't tell them.
                    *dum dum dum- tist* THankyou and goodnight!

I agree with ya, though. I do enjoy the clean un intereupted, un "logo-ized" look. But.. I dunno, that space needs.. something. I hate when peopl eplaster Pontiac emblems everywhere, though. Makes it look like you went up to the car parts store and pimped your ride buy purchasing everything there and slappin it on in the parking lot.

Comment

How do you take off those Car-lot decals they put on there with their name on it
                      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I tried ripping the lame GM logos off of my doors a couple days ago, but they didn't seem to have much give. I'll have to try again with a hairdryer or something. Any suggestions besides using a hairdryer?

I don't mind the other logos and lettering, but those ugly GM squares must go!
                        -Kevin
                        2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                        2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

A little heat, patience, and some goo gone or bug and tar cleaner.

John
                          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by Teelo
                            How do you take off those Car-lot decals they put on there with their name on it
                            The dealership I bought mine from used something like a clear static cling decal with black letters. That was the first thing I took off my car when I got home before I did anything else. It peeled right off for me, but yours may be different
                            -Kevin
                            2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                            2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

Mine is an actual decal, stuck on there
                              2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Working...
                              X