Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinting Headlights and Tail Lights

Guys,

I know there are alot of threads about this stuff I red alot of it too ! What is the best approach to this? Anyone want to enlighen me on this? THose spray tints works on the headlights as well?? Actually I am thinking of not taking anything off maybe get a flim or spray something like that

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

nite shades works great. just do several even coats and keep adding until it is as dark as you want.

Comment

Spray would be the easiest and prolly give the best results because of. I'd go that route.

Comment

night shades and the spray are they the same?? Can I spray those on the headlights?? What kind of sprays u guys recommend ?

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

If you tint your headlights, you WILL get fined in Ontario. Just so you know...

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

and yes, Nite Shades is the name of the spray on tint, well one of the brands anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
              thanks for the heads up tom!

Comment

Originally posted by redsun_ty
                thanks for the heads up tom!
                Not a problem man. I'd take them apart and paint them if I were you. I'll be doing that with mine as soon as I can afford to pick up a spare set.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

There are two different kinds of spray tint. There is NiteShades, and there is Window Spray Tint..they are very different. The Window Spray Tint gives you a much glossier look, almost like the taillight itself came as smoked plastic instead of red. The problem is, it's harder to apply than the NiteShades. You need to spray quite a bit on, and let it run down the light until it smoothes itself out.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                    There are two different kinds of spray tint. There is NiteShades, and there is Window Spray Tint..they are very different. The Window Spray Tint gives you a much glossier look, almost like the taillight itself came as smoked plastic instead of red. The problem is, it's harder to apply than the NiteShades. You need to spray quite a bit on, and let it run down the light until it smoothes itself out.
                    any links with these kinds of products?? I search ebay didn't find alot of hits?

Comment

summitracing.com sells niteshades.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                        the "additional info" in the product description makes it sound so ominous
                        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Good luck with getting Niteshades though. I had ordered them two months ago, and they kept going on backorder. I see on SummitRacing the estimated ship date is now 8/25/06. A couple days ago it was 7/26/06, and before that 7/12/06.

Here's the other stuff: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WINDO...spagenameZWDVW
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                            Good luck with getting Niteshades though. I had ordered them two months ago, and they kept going on backorder. I see on SummitRacing the estimated ship date is now 8/25/06. A couple days ago it was 7/26/06, and before that 7/12/06.

Here's the other stuff: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WINDO...spagenameZWDVW
                            Damn man they only ship to United States only!!

Comment

if you really want it and can't get it in Canada you can have it shipped to me and i will forward it to you. just an option.

Comment

Working...
                              X