Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding the Keyless entry to a 2006 G6...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding the Keyless entry to a 2006 G6...

Hey guys,

I'm a newbie with this car as it's my mom's but I got her such a great deal on it (atleast I think) on a 2006 4 cylinder G6. I'll post the deal in the correct message board so it doesn't take away from this

She got it, but it has no keyless entry. I don't know if keyless entry means an alarm as well OR just keyless entry...

I found a site that will sell me the module & key remotes and I imagine it's a plug and play deal as the BCM probably already has the program in it. I'm just wondering if it is that easy and if that module is also the alarm system etc.....

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
    Chris

I have an 2007 g6 convertible. Mines has keyless entry with alarm. Well thats at least what it says in the manual.. Not sure however if just by getting keyless entry if it adds the alarm... it should since the alarm is using the factory horn
    2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Re: Adding the Keyless entry to a 2006 G6...

Originally posted by spunger
      Hey guys,

I'm a newbie with this car as it's my mom's but I got her such a great deal on it (atleast I think) on a 2006 4 cylinder G6. I'll post the deal in the correct message board so it doesn't take away from this

She got it, but it has no keyless entry. I don't know if keyless entry means an alarm as well OR just keyless entry...

I found a site that will sell me the module & key remotes and I imagine it's a plug and play deal as the BCM probably already has the program in it. I'm just wondering if it is that easy and if that module is also the alarm system etc.....

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
      Chris
      Did the dealer give you keys only? As far as I know, every G6 has a key remote that will lock and unlock the doors. Remote start is also on the key fob for those that have it installed.
      When the car is shut off, after 2 minutes I believe, you should see a yellow light flashing slowly in the instrument cluster. It is passive, so you don't have to lock the car to enable it.
      Talk to the dealer and ask them for the remotes.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

For 2006 model with 4 cylinder you can order a vehicle without keyless entry. When you have a vehicle without keyless entry the content theft alarm system is also disabled.

There is a special BCM in these vehicles and it is not capable of doing remote keyless function. You might get fooled because most (not all) of the wiring is in vehicle for the standard keyless entry function (but not the extra stuff for remote start) however BCM in vehicle will be your main issue.

Comment

We did just get keys, nothing else (no clickers or anything). Is there a way to check the RPO codes to see if it's an option on it? Like if we got clickers then it'd work OR what BCM to car has to determine if this is even a possibility?

I'm not bad with wiring electronics in cars as I've done my own but they aren't new so I'm not so timid when it comes to wiring the thing. I'd like to see her in a good quality alarm but if there's something that's factory I can add to it that'd be the easy way to go OR splicing into who knows how many factory wires at that stupid BCM.

Comment

most manufacturers idea of an 'alarm' is just honking the horn to annoy the guy jacking your stuff anyway. if you are going to be spending the money on it now, you are better off actually putting a real alarm in it.

Comment

Yeah if you are going to add anything at this stage, you might as well get something aftermarket. You could bundle it with an actually worthwhile starter.

Comment

We did just get keys, nothing else (no clickers or anything). Is there a way to check the RPO codes to see if it's an option on it? Like if we got clickers then it'd work OR what BCM to car has to determine if this is even a possibility?

I'm not bad with wiring electronics in cars as I've done my own but they aren't new so I'm not so timid when it comes to wiring the thing. I'd like to see her in a good quality alarm but if there's something that's factory I can add to it that'd be the easy way to go OR splicing into who knows how many factory wires at that stupid BCM.
                If e2helper says that the car can't support factory remotes, then you're stuck with the aftermarket.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

We did just get keys, nothing else (no clickers or anything). Is there a way to check the RPO codes to see if it's an option on it?
                  I doubt it has option but the RPO would be AP8 or possibly AU0 although I think by time 4 cylinders were being made they had transitioned to AP8 which has extended range.

Come to think of it --- even easier. On that model the cruise control and remote keyless were a special option package. I don't think you could get remote keyless without cruise.

So does vehicle have cruise control? Hint - look at steering wheel for switches.

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
                    We did just get keys, nothing else (no clickers or anything). Is there a way to check the RPO codes to see if it's an option on it?
                    I doubt it has option but the RPO would be AP8 or possibly AU0 although I think by time 4 cylinders were being made they had transitioned to AP8 which has extended range.

Come to think of it --- even easier. On that model the cruise control and remote keyless were a special option package. I don't think you could get remote keyless without cruise.

So does vehicle have cruise control? Hint - look at steering wheel for switches.
                    No cruise

Comment

Working...
                    X