Performance Vs. Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Vs. Audio

So I've been debating how I want to mod my 6. I was questioning whether performance upgrades should be first on the list or whether upgrading the sound system should be first.
    I chose to go with performance first, but what do you all prefer/which did you choose first???
    Mods:
    CRAB option 3 and FPU, iSimple Ipod integrator, Infinity Kappa 693.7i rear speakers, 50 front/20 rear window tint, gtp rims, Brembo brakes, Racingline STB/grounding kit, Intake Resonator Deleted, WAMS Tune.

Upcoming Mods:
    more audio upgrades, racingline MMIs(waiting to be installed)

Re: Performance Vs. Audio

is that a serious question...?

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by adespain
      So I've been debating how I want to mod my 6. I was questioning whether performance upgrades should be first on the list or whether upgrading the sound system should be first.
      I chose to go with performance first, but what do you all prefer/which did you choose first???

i upgraded my sound first....but only because i had the materials besides box from last car

Comment

I have never been a fan of modding my sound system. Only times I've done it were to change from a tape deck to a CD player.

I'd go Performance.

Price it out. See what will be better for you.

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
        Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
        Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

Its all personal opinion, what your budget is, cuz my budget is limited. On my last car I concentrated on audio, then finally got to performance but never finished it. This car I've started with performance and appearance, now I'm looking at audio. Personally I like going performance first. My audio upgrade is my exhaust right now. And it sounds better than any speaker I've ever had.
          Mods: FlashTech, GT-R, K&N, Kenwood, JVC, CQuence

Comment

I did performance first. I must be the only one satisfied with my stock speakers. I got a new headunit and got the stock speakers rewired and it sounds very nice so im noteven going to bother buying any new speakers/subs as of now. Later on i might but I worry about performance first. However i do have a 360 hooked up in my car =P

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
            Show
            -20% tint
            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
              I did performance first. I must be the only one satisfied with my stock speakers. I got a new headunit and got the stock speakers rewired and it sounds very nice so im noteven going to bother buying any new speakers/subs as of now. Later on i might but I worry about performance first. However i do have a 360 hooked up in my car =P
              I think the Monsoon kicks ass. But wait til everyone sees what Im doing tomarrow. By the way, I went performance first and I cant be more happy.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
              4 door mafia
              93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
              8000k hid's
              Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
              Rotofab cai and radiator cover
              13.207@107.11
              330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

It's always performance, then appearance, then audio.

Well to me anyways.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mi04se1
                  I think the Monsoon kicks ass. But wait til everyone sees what Im doing tomarrow. By the way, I went performance first and I cant be more happy.
                  that makes 2 i guess. haha. what are you doing tomm?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                  TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                  Show
                  -20% tint
                  -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                  -Professionally heated seats

Comment

I have just been debating what I want to get done first, so I was just curious as to everyone's opinions. I contacted lampoon about getting an option 3, so hopefully that comes soon. After that gets installed I was just considering my options. I was thinking about getting the wicked cas and a sub put in, but if I decide to put on exhaust how much will I really want to listen to my music? I've come to a personal crossroads.
                    Mods:
                    CRAB option 3 and FPU, iSimple Ipod integrator, Infinity Kappa 693.7i rear speakers, 50 front/20 rear window tint, gtp rims, Brembo brakes, Racingline STB/grounding kit, Intake Resonator Deleted, WAMS Tune.

Upcoming Mods:
                    more audio upgrades, racingline MMIs(waiting to be installed)

Comment

Originally posted by mi04se1
                      that makes 2 i guess. haha. what are you doing tomm?

Ill post a pic or two tonight.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                      4 door mafia
                      93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                      8000k hid's
                      Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                      Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                      13.207@107.11
                      330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

Working...
                      X