GT-R or MPD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-R or MPD?

I want a mod that will add some performance, but also add to the appearance of the car. So from stock, what would be the better mod and how much would I be looking at for either? I'd obviously still need to get an intake so that will add to the cost of getting the hood, plus the cost of painting, etc. What's everyone think?

Re: GT-R or MPD?

do you have a cab?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Engine is as stock as the day I bought it. I like the hood and the exhaust and figured I'd just get all the things that go with them at the same time.

Comment

Get the MPD and a cab. Or if you don't want to get both at once get the gtr.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
          Get the MPD and a cab. Or if you don't want to get both at once get the gtr.
          ya its kinda pointless, other than the looks to get the mpd if you don't have a cab. so get both or the GTR

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
          G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

So how much would I be looking at for a cab and the hood? Pricier than the gt-r?

Comment

http://classic4performance.com/

That's the website and it has prices.

Good luck
              2006 RED GTP Coupe - K&N Drop in, Tinted windows, Debadged 'cept GTP, Red (Duplicolor) Calipers, Intake Resonator Removed
              Coming Soon -Powered 10" Sub, Racing alignment, Cat back Exhaust????

Comment

New MPD hood is $695 + shipping - http://www.mpd-inc.net/PontiacG6.htm

CAB is variable, here are some options - http://crabintakes.com/price.html

I don't know what the going rate is for the GT-R for forum members but my guess is less than the above combo.
                Planned mods:
                HSRK, motor mounts, tinted tail lights, ECM/TCM/whatever tune, hood struts, HIDs, white and blue gauge cluster and CD/menu screen LED swap, GTP rear valance, GXP front bumper, GT-R exhaust
                Finished/in-progress:
                2/8/09 - removed intake resonator | 3/21/09 - installed Injen clone stage 4 CAI
                3/23/09 - 30% tint w/eyebrow
                12/2014 - 2008 stereo install (for aux in)

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the info everyone.

Comment

i love my hood, but for me the exhaust is a bigger joy because i get to hear it and love the sound. plus it was cheaper

hood looks great though and is top quality, so get both

Comment

Remember, you need to factor in the cost of shipping the hood AND having it painted, which will probably put it in the $800 to 1000 range.

The going rate for GT-R for forum members is $599 + shipping. To KCMO, that was $85.
                      Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
                      Originally posted by schenko
                      If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

gt-rrrrrr

Comment

Tough one, I have both and i couldnt live without them. My personal opinion would be to buy the GT-R first for 599.99 plus shipping and then buy the MPD hood later when there is a groub buy or when you get the funds to buy it and a CAB.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                          TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                          Show
                          -20% tint
                          -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                          -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Working...
                          X