Intake or box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake or box

Which one should i get the stage 3 intake or the cold air box? and which one sounds better? I have read about them both and im just want to know which one should i get? or both?
    2006 Electric Blue G6 GT

there are plenty of threads about this, i am not sure you have done enough reading lol

sound is a personal preference, but the intakes are supposed to perform near identically. just get the one that has the look you want.

and you can't get "both". one goes down into the fender and one stays up in the engine bay.

Comment

^ yes, yes lots and lots and lots of intake threads and alots and lots to read!
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Go with the air box I asked the same question you did when I was shopping around and I went with the air box... look at it this way even Dr. Speed himself has one on his car... what more do you need and by the way they are both cold air intakes

PS: check out the poll in the new member forum

Comment

I've got the box too, very happy with it... and it adds a good look to the engine bay.
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Cold Air Box

Do we know what the average wait time is on the box, like to order one but don't want to wait a lifetime???

Comment

what kind of question is that... If you want one order one its worth what ever the wait may be if your oder it today then its just 1 day closer to comming...

Comment

I understand that, i just have a problem with dropping money on something and not having any idea when i'm suppose to get it. I like being able to track an item i have paid for. I most likely will just make the order because i guess they are on a long wait.

Comment

You can track it through UPS all the way from florida every step of the way

Comment

sounds good to me, that's all i wanted to hear i ordered one last night. thanks

Comment

I have the box and I really like it! Search for the threads on it, there are a bunch with great feedback...
                      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Last question about this topic for myself, i ordered the cold air box like i said. I received a confirmation e-mail on my order but no tracking information or number for UPS. Will i or should i receive something, how do i track my order?

Comment

Originally posted by Soprano181
                          Last question about this topic for myself, i ordered the cold air box like i said. I received a confirmation e-mail on my order but no tracking information or number for UPS. Will i or should i receive something, how do i track my order?
                          Tracking info comes from UPS when somethings actually been shipped. You should use Doctor Speed for your shipping updates.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

The Box rules.... order it.
                            You will be happy.
                            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

i just ordered the box intake... and i was curious...will it be noticable as far as idleing and hitting the throttle as far as sound goes???

im not trying to rice out my car having it sound like ass like a 4 banger probe with a fu**in 5 insh exhaust lol
                              !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
                              FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
                              SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
                              14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

Working...
                              X