Splash Guard under front end & Driver Visor Mirror probl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splash Guard under front end & Driver Visor Mirror probl

Has anyone had problems with the splash guard that is below the front end? Mine has come loose 4 times already and the dealership has had to reattach it 4 times. It is from pulling into parking spacese, It is so low that it hits the curb stop.

Also, I have had to replace my driver side visor 2 times already, due to when you lift the door cover, the little peg holding it in breaks off.

I just want to know if I am alone in these problems.

Thanks

I know the vanity mirror was recalled on some models, maybe yours is affected? They are flimsy though so I'm sure they would all wear out eventually. I hope they were covered under warranty for you.

Heard people with that guard coming loose, can be a problem. Not to sound like a jerk but you'll have to learn not to pull so close. That's what I do anyway, haven't hit one yet. I believe some others commented on this problem so you are def not the only one who it has happened to.

Comment

Yeah, my scrub guard thing was loose when I got my car (I got it used) and noticed it like a week later. I did hit one curb while parking as I wasn't really used to the car, but that was after I noticed it was loose anyways. I've reattached it and got a feel for parking the car so it's all good now.

Comment

The air dam isn't supposed to hit things. If you can avoid that, you'll probably have no trouble keeping it attached. Just park a little farther from the curb than you used to.

The visor had a recall on it, as Interfire said. Maybe it applies to you car as well.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Both of my visor mirrors were broken. The Passenger one was replaced when it was in for Pano service and the driver's side is still broken.
          2006 Malibu MAXX SS
          2008 G6 GT Street Edition
          1994 S10 Blazer
          1963 Studebaker Avanti

Comment

Funny. Last night my g/f tried to look in the visor mirror on the passenger side and it doesnt stay open. Then today I read this thread about the recall. Will have to bring it in I guess.
            2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

theres a couple driveways I know of (girlfriends ) that no matter what u do your going to bottom out basically! I'd say maybe once a week or so I have to crawl under the car and reattach the clips, Ive thought about getting the bigger stronger clips but I doubt its worth it!
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

epoxy

Comment

but if you use an epoxy its going to become to stiff at the connection points, there by probably snapping right off the next time, then your SOL! My suggestion would be to park where there are no curbs or try not to hit them!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

what he said^

Comment

Same thing happend to me. I was backing out of a friend's driveway and nosed out. I didn't notice anything was wrong until I checked just to see what happened. Every clip came loose and it was just hanging on by the two bolts on each end. I have a thread from earlier complaining about how loose these things are. I've never had a car where the air dam comes unclipped every time you hit the ground with it. Oh well...iti's really not a big deal. Just get under there and put them back in. I also thought about using something to bond it, but I don't need it snapping off so I just left it the way it was.

Comment

Yup, the front air dam has come off once while i owned my gt (my upper drive way). I just crawled under and reattached it. Yes be careful when pulling into parking spots. Something that helped me was i learned to back into a spot rather then pull in. Seems that i know where my back bumper ends better then the fronts
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I'm taking my car into the dealership on Friday for the driver's side visor mirror problem. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the problem. Of course I'm taking it in for other issues too (Driver's side window problems - 3rd time)

Comment

The front air dam is attached only with plastics so they come off very easily. A small hit will knock it out of place or falls off.

Problem also with the sun visor too so you are definitely not alone.

Comment

i've only scraped mine (audibly) once since i've had my car. i've only managed to bottom it out once also (unrelated, but whatever).

Comment

Working...
                              X