Shakey Ride @ 60+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakey Ride @ 60+

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!! When I am accelerating onto the highway, my front end shakes like I'm going to take off. From 60-75. I have had it at the dealer several times. The have changed the tires, rebalanced, realigned, etc. And they cannot find anything wrong. my G6 has 15,000 m. and is running sweetly. But this is a big problem. Although the alignment helped for about 2 days, the problem persists. I drive fast, so gettting over 75 is normal. But it can shake pretty bad. A little scary, esp since the car is brand new. The visor vibrates when this shaking is going on. Anyone with tis problem? I read once there was a "Design Flaw" that is causing this problem, damned if I can find the article. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I've been a real "_itch" with the dealer trying to get this resolved..........HELP ME..........I love my car and want to enjoy every second........especially quit acceleration!!!!!!Jenna

This was brought up on another thread about a week ago, I looked for it but couldn't find it. Someone said its the tires, they're wavy or something-take them back to the dealership and request new tires. If they say no have them balance your tires on both sides--not just one side. Then they will see everytime they turn the tire the placement of the weight will change.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Balance/replace

The dealership took wheels off another car and put them on mine to troubleshoot, they said the tires were fine. Im geeting ticked about this with them. If I need my tires balanced and aligned at 12,000 miles, what is the "Life Expectancy" on the tire? I am ready to demand stuff now. If that is the problem, I should get free tires right all along the way. I have had several brand new cars, and never in its life needed to align the tires, esp at 12,000m. Am I right or am I being a rag? I love my car, I love to drive "fast" and this keeps me from enjoying my ride. Any possibility that it is a flaw in the placement of the wheels on the frame that would cause this? I bought my car February 2005. So it prob was one of the first productions of the G6. Maybe this problem is being adjusted in the 06 models..............I dont know...........I just want it to be much much much smooooooooooooooother, ya know?

Comment

Re: Balance/replace

Originally posted by JennaB
        Any possibility that it is a flaw in the placement of the wheels on the frame that would cause this? I bought my car February 2005. So it prob was one of the first productions of the G6.
        No it wouldn't be a design flaw, otherwise it would affect all the other models. And Gm wouldn't redesign a car inside a model year.

My guess would be the tires. I know they changed them but it's possible that they put on another bad set. Either that or somethings loose in the front end to allow the alignment to go out of whack after a couple days of driving.
        Originally posted by Lampoon
        I dub your car.....The Red Hot Chili Pepper!!
        '06 GTP with Tapshift.

Comment

Many Thanks

Thank you for your input. I think this puts me in a better position witht he dealership. I love my car and want to do everything I can to be sure it performs to its fullest. Thanks again..Jenna

Comment

so i was told.. GM put out a bulletion about the tires when they sit for a while they get flat spots on them and once the tires warm up they dont do it..
            Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

That's weird. Shaking at high speeds usually means bad wheel bearings. Flat spots on the tires will cause it to shake too, but you'll feel that at around 30mph.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I have asimilar issue with mine. WHenthe car is "cold" car shakes a bit from like 30mph up. I should have that ish fixxed, too.
                Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I would say I have the same problems but its just the horrible roads out here, they're rippled all over the place.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

shakin

the roads here are sucky, too. I mean real bad. I am in Mass. Everything sucks here. But this is an issue every highway I travel. I am really starting to get pissed about it. The service mgr at my dealer told me he would take it out himself and address the issue. ya, he let me walk out the door after my last service call without a word. What is it? Just because you drive it off the lot, it is not their responsibility anymore?

Comment

Try another GM dealership... thats what I had to do when I got my Monte a while back...
                      Originally posted by Toyz
                      Originally posted by simplyred
                      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

read this somewhere else I believe and the fix was a new set of wheels or an alignment.
                        ~ Nick
                        ----------------
                        2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
                        Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

I have the same problem ... My wheel guy (not a dealership) said the wheels had squared off. Only guess is that the car had been sitting in the same spot for a while. I've checked every nut and bolt I can reach under the car and only found one loose bolt on the Transmission side. Nothing that would cause this kind of shake. Having the breaks turned did help a little but I still think it's the wheels that are causing most of this problem.

I'm going to borrow a friends set of wheels off his Cobalt SS and I'll let you know how it works.

Good luck
                          2006 G6 GTP 6spd. Black on Black

Comment

There was a known problem with some 17th Continentals on Chrometech rims. Flat spots developed on these tires. While my car didn't shake, it did have a rather odd noise coming from the back of the car. The dealer replaced both rear tires, and the problem was corrected.
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

The uniroyal tiger paws are junk...they say they are supposed to last 60,000 i got 22,000 out of 4 of them...thats the rear tires too, usually on a FWD car the rear tires will outlast...not these POS's...now i use only Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip police cruiser tires...excellent tires...they are also a little bit bigger(225/60/16) stock is 215 but these tires not only perform great but look sweet as well...Plus i get them for free

Comment

Working...
                              X