X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Bailout Money Approved

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc/ho ... uts_090329

More money has been approved for GM and Chrysler
    2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
    1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Re: More Bailout Money Approved

http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/news/c ... d=18853118

This one has more information..
    2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

Comment

The only thing Obama would have as one of the good things he did while in office would be if he saved GM. I wouldn't be surprised if he gave them more and more money seeing as he loves racking in U.S debt. But the bailout isn't exactly a bailout its a freakin loan so it will be paid back. Unfortunately the near 3 trillion Obama has spent wont be seen for a long time.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

i say give everyone in the US 1million dollars and call it good, ur going to save millions of dollars that way maybe billions

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
          i say give everyone in the US 1million dollars and call it good, ur going to save millions of dollars that way maybe billions
          only citizens though. lets not waste anymore money on the illegal immigrants. already get social security that we pay into.

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
          Show
          -20% tint

Comment

yah only people who can declare the citizenship with the US can get it

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
              The only thing Obama would have as one of the good things he did while in office would be if he saved GM. I wouldn't be surprised if he gave them more and more money seeing as he loves racking in U.S debt. But the bailout isn't exactly a bailout its a freakin loan so it will be paid back. Unfortunately the near 3 trillion Obama has spent wont be seen for a long time.
              Regardless whether it's a bailout or a loan it's practically the same thing. There is always some form of consideration in exchange for the cash. A bailout is not an outright gift either I don't think. It wouldn't be out-of-line to call this money a bailout since essentially that's what it is, to bail out the automakers. No president in his right mind would let the domestic auto industry fall apart. But if the current big-3 can't run it properly, I say disband the union, kick out the management, and let someone else take over.

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                The total increase in debt with this budget alone works out to around $10k per person. That is still a lot of money considering the total population of America. How are we ever able to repay it back? That's our childrens problem I guess.

Comment

A million per citizen would make the dollar of no value. Think about it, would anyone work at Mcdonalds, gas stations, sport events, car dealerships grocery stores, the list goes on. If everyone were millionairs 80% of America would retire.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                  Originally posted by [i
                  Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                    Regardless whether it's a bailout or a loan it's practically the same thing. There is always some form of consideration in exchange for the cash. A bailout is not an outright gift either I don't think. It wouldn't be out-of-line to call this money a bailout since essentially that's what it is, to bail out the automakers. No president in his right mind would let the domestic auto industry fall apart. But if the current big-3 can't run it properly, I say disband the union, kick out the management, and let someone else take over.
                    do u realize how double perspective that post was? Bailout and a loan isnt the same thing so dont say they are. And the 700 bil the housing market got was no strings attached since all bad assest were bought even from foreign banks. thats the reason why the gov't is being so strict on who to even LOAN out money at all.

Show
                    -20% tint

Comment

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
                      A million per citizen would make the dollar of no value. Think about it, would anyone work at Mcdonalds, gas stations, sport events, car dealerships grocery stores, the list goes on. If everyone were millionairs 80% of America would retire.
                      good point, i for one would not be going to work. all of it would go right into a high yeild savings. after i buy a few items first.

Show
                      -20% tint

Comment

good point, i for one would not be going to work. all of it would go right into a high yeild savings. after i buy a few items first.
                        Yes, except those items probably will cost a trillion dollars by then.
                        <-- Gray G6? Click!
                        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Yeah, and then 80% of those would be filing bankruptcy within a year cause they would blow it.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

So if it works out to about 10k / person, should have given everyone 5k certificate towards an American car, would solved the companies problems, stimulated the economy, and the money would only come back as a small percent like taxes, which is probably all that will come abck from the car companies
                            2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

Comment

Originally posted by leaveitsmokin
                              So if it works out to about 10k / person, should have given everyone 5k certificate towards an American car, would solved the companies problems, stimulated the economy, and the money would only come back as a small percent like taxes, which is probably all that will come abck from the car companies
                              The way the auto companies run right now are not viable. What you said would work now but it also means when you stop handing out these credits the economy and the auto industry will grind to a halt again.

Comment

Working...
                              X