Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM CEO Rick Wagoner will step down from his post!!! w00t!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM CEO Rick Wagoner will step down from his post!!! w00t!!!!

BREAKING: Wagoner out at GM at Obama's request

Originally posted by autoblog.com
    Tom Krisher of the Associated Press reports that General Motors CEO Rick Wagoner will step down from his post immediately, based on information given to him from an unnamed source. The news comes on the eve of President Obama's expected announcement of a deadline for General Motors and Chrysler to finalize their restructuring terms or enter government-backed, pre-packaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy. There's no official confirmation from GM at this time. The only announcement the automaker made today was a brief, two-sentence statement in response to the anticipated Obama announcement, saying that they continue to work with the President's automotive Task Force.

The Detroit Free Press reports that the move was specifically requested by the Obama administration as part of the rescue plan that will be announced tomorrow. Wagoner reportedly agreed, and COO Fritz Henderson now steps into the breech as the top guy at the RenCen.

Get ready a big week of auto news, kids. The NY Auto Show just got a whole lot more interesting, too. Stay tuned.

all I have to say is

....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Re: GM CEO Rick Wagoner will step down from his post!!! w00t!!!!

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
    PSN: racin247
    Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

but how do you really feel?
      2006 Black GTP Coupe
      Dr. Speed stage 3&4 intake
      Vector Motorsports 93 octane tune
      Tinted Tail Lights
      Red painted calipers

Comment

why is this exciting...
        if Obama wanted this decision that just equals EVEN MORE GOVERNMENT CONTROL OF THE VEHICLES GM MAKES

get ready for more fucking toyota prius knockoffs.

My progression thread
        Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
        Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
        In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
        Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
        Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

maybe the can loosen those choke collars and start making some awesome vehicles again

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

[youtube:1qcek8kd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D09DCZryG2U[/youtube:1qcek8kd]

Personally, i've blamed ricky all along for the destruction of pontiac. That's me though...
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Yeah exactly,
              What does this new guy stand for, will any and all performance cars be put on hold, will the only cars being spewed out now are prius imitators and smart car competitors, GM needs to step up its quality, but the government thinks they need fuel sipping p*&^% cars.

MAYBE they need keep up with those ads for the new XFE lines, because the average person needs it beaten into thier head repeatedly that GM is competition when it comes to fuel efficiency, stupid toyota praisers.
              2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
              2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
              1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

I always though Rick was a car guy therefore will be better for the looks, performance of cars? Now were gonna end up with some number cruncher, half robot half human, dickhead running the company, whos only going to care about saving every last penny and squeezing out every last .00001mpg regardless of how the car looks or performs. Thats probally what the government thinks we need and want, when most of us also care about how cars look.
                2007 Red Sedan "6" REPOSSESED
                Looking for a 500$ Beater to be the home of my stereo system

Comment

Re: GM CEO Rick Wagoner will step down from his po

How the hell is this anywhere near w00t or dancing bananas?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Buh bye... don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Originally posted by yahoo
                    The terms of Wagoner's departure are unclear. However, GM disclosed in its annual report last month that it cannot make severance payments to Wagoner or other senior executives under the terms of its governments loans. Wagoner is eligible to retire under GM's salaried employee and executive retirement plans, but the amount he would receive is unclear.
                    OH what's that... he gets nothing as well!!!!

Comment

Re: GM CEO Rick Wagoner will step down from his po

Originally posted by grfnkl
                      Buh bye... don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Originally posted by yahoo
                      The terms of Wagoner's departure are unclear. However, GM disclosed in its annual report last month that it cannot make severance payments to Wagoner or other senior executives under the terms of its governments loans. Wagoner is eligible to retire under GM's salaried employee and executive retirement plans, but the amount he would receive is unclear.
                      OH what's that... he gets nothing as well!!!!
                      He may not get any severance, but he's still rich and can get retirement.

He probably doesn't care too much.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

If it weren't for this economic crisis, under Rick Wagoner, GM would be on its way to a turn-around. I like this guy, he knows the business and can manage it well. Look at GM's product portfolio today, every one is a world-class vehicle. Unlike what they have built in the last few decades.

In this economic climate and for the sake of America's future, we have no choice but to start building and driving fuel efficient vehicles. The amount of foreign oil we import is crippling the nation. We are at the mercy of the oil producing countries in the middle east and Asian countries like China to lend us the money to buy that oil. It's becoming a threat to national security. Our love of powerful cars and our thirst for oil are not worth that. The president must act in the best interest of the nation whether we like his decisions or not. Gasoline engines will gradually be phased out as the powerplant of future vehicle, every auto manufacturer knew that.

Comment

[youtubem9fqqez]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEKYxHoJnw&feature=related[/youtubem9fqqez]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                          Originally posted by [i
                          Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

um i think ur in the wrong thread

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                            Originally posted by ahuhn
                            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

NIo, I thought it was a funny stand offish touch

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                              Originally posted by [i
                              Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Working...
                              X