Overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrive

is there any way to turn overdrive off on the 6? once i got the exhaust overdrive is killing me, and with 6 gears i dont think i need it.. is there a way?
    2007 G6 GTP - Fully Modded - Traded In
    2008 Silver MS3 GT - PTP SST, CP-E HPFP, CP-E Nano, Cobb TIP, Cobb FMIC, Cobb AP, Denso ITV-24, CNT Exhaust, Corksport DP, SU Test Pipe, HKS BOV v3(Recirc), AWR RMM, JBarone SSP, SU Shifter Bushing, E4 Shift Knob, CP-E Towplate, Cobb Lowering Springs & Sway Bar

Re: Overdrive

Err go into tapshift? I know that it's electronically controlled OD.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

ya even in tap shift it will still go into overdrive and just drop the rpms.. its horrible. i know a lot of cars come with a button of like OD and D but not the 6.. overdrive is whack!
      2008 Silver MS3 GT - PTP SST, CP-E HPFP, CP-E Nano, Cobb TIP, Cobb FMIC, Cobb AP, Denso ITV-24, CNT Exhaust, Corksport DP, SU Test Pipe, HKS BOV v3(Recirc), AWR RMM, JBarone SSP, SU Shifter Bushing, E4 Shift Knob, CP-E Towplate, Cobb Lowering Springs & Sway Bar

Comment

Yeah I don't think you can turn it off then. It's electronically controlled so you might be able to adjust it with a tech 2. I doubt there's a fuse you can pull to turn it off.

Andy can probably shine some more light on this since he's had experience with the tech 2.

Comment

ya i was hoping there was an OD fuse i could pull lol. .that would have been nice

Comment

I suppose it could be turned off in tuning. Chris?
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

ya i was thinking about that too.. when i get a tune maybe i can just get it turned off or so.

Comment

my guess is that even if you do find how to turn it off, your going to get an error message someway so you may want to get it looked at in several different ways

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

You shouldn't be going into OD in manual shift mode. The car does not automatically shift in MSM.
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Are you confusing overdrive with the converter locking up?
                    Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                    - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                    - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                      You shouldn't be going into OD in manual shift mode. The car does not automatically shift in MSM.

even in tapshift mode you dont have control over the overdrive so it does kick on in 5th. and 6th. gear

Originally posted by steelgraygtp
                      what is that? and im pretty sure its OD

Comment

Originally posted by Kydizzle
                        Originally posted by ragingfish

even in tapshift mode you dont have control over the overdrive so it does kick on in 5th. and 6th. gear

Originally posted by steelgraygtp
                        what is that? and im pretty sure its OD
                        OD isn't a "mode" it's a gear ratio. Any gear where the crank turns slower than the drive shaft is considered overdrive. So yeah, if 5th and 6th are geared such that the input turns slower than the output, you are in OD. Cars with an OD button simply just drop the car to the next gear down.
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

ok so here listen to this.. i am going up a hill on the freeway doing 60 i put it in manuel shift and down shift to 5th. now my speed is at like 55 then i give it gas and the speed starts going up and im giving it a good amount of gas and its still in manuel mode and it drops the rpms way down still in 5th gear so then i shifted to 6th.. what is that?

Comment

that would be going up a hill in a high gear so your car gets into a lower rpm because it's choking?

Comment

in Manuel shift mode with throttle down? that would make no scene

Comment

Working...
                              X